***Apply directly on Meraki's job page: http://grnh.se/p4kirh1 *** Software Team Lead, Network Switching San Francisco
Our mission at Cisco Meraki is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most important to them: their customers, students, patients, and businesses. We're making networking smarter, faster, and easier to deploy. We have millions of devices deployed and because they are managed from the cloud, we are able to leverage real-time data to continuously improve the performance and stability of our products.
As a Team Lead on the switching software team, you will direct your team in building products that delight our customers and differentiate us from our competitors. This team works across our entire stack, from device drivers and networking code all the way up to our distributed cloud-hosted backend and unique web interface.
In this highly technical role you will make your own direct contributions to our code base, but your primary focus will be on team execution and development. Example responsibilities of a Meraki Team Lead:
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- Actively designing, planning, and building innovative features for Meraki Switches.
- Performing technical design and code reviews.
- Collaborating closely with engineering peers and product managers.
- Working with our recruiters to build out your team to maximize its effectiveness.
- Supervising the switch software release cycle, including branch management, bug fixes, beta deployment and promotion to final release.
- Leading a team of world-class engineers developing and maintaining features on the Meraki MS product line .
- Conducting performance reviews and facilitating professional development of team members.
Bonus points for:
- BS/MS/Ph.D in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in system software development in the networking domain, especially switching.
- Experience with C/C++.
- Strong organization and execution skills with a focus on shipping products.
- Disciplined approach to development, testing, and quality.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations.
- People leadership experience.
- Experience with Rails, React or other web technologies.
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.