Software Engineering, Manager
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate using the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. We're changing banking for good. At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if?”
As a Capital One Senior Manager, Software Engineering, you'll serve as a leader on a diverse Agile team dedicated to breaking the norm and pushing the limits of continuous improvement and innovation. You'll manage and mentor team members to help them develop their career while you contribute to detailed technical design, development, and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.You will also serve in a strategic, leadership role within our Technology Leadership Team.
You'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge Open Source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. We’re looking for talented Senior Managers who are well-versed in emerging and traditional technologies which may include: node.js, Java, JQuery, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure.
- Build strong partnerships within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, and implement technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Provide functional, technical and process leadership in areas such as pair programming, TDD, ATDD, DevOps, and Refactoring techniques
- Lead a delivery team and guide associates with their career goals while supporting their ownership of quality craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of the team’s solutions
- Support multiple concurrent efforts and deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Handle highly complex, highly ambiguous tasks
- Demonstrate mastery in multiple business areas and bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in community of practice groups, and mentor more junior members of the engineering community
- Communicate effectively with both technicians and business leaders
- Deliver Scrum and/or SAFe methodologies
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
-Bachelor's Degree or military experience
-At least 8 years of Application Development experience
-At least 3 years of systems and program design experience
-At least 3 years of experience providing technical leadership on software application development and running large-scale applications
-At least 3 years of experience of managing and developing people
-9+ years of professional experience in a technical role
-6+ years of leadership experience with full life-cycle IT development and platform support
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.