Software Engineering Manager
Capital One Bank is actively seeking highly creative and intellectually curious Engineering Managers who are passionate about coding and coaching to join our team! This is an opportunity to display knowledge of your craft by having a hand in shaping the building of large scale, reliable applications that impact the way Capital One Bank does business.
You will participate in detailed technical design reviews, facilitate development and implementation of applications for Capital One Bank using existing and emerging technology platforms. Working within an Agile environment, you will be responsible for ensuring quality standards are established and met, attending daily standups, while providing input for architectural design decisions, and assist in shaping the team vision and direction. You will have the opportunity to continuously develop technical knowledge and skills on multiple platforms, and educate team members (including Product Owners) on the capabilities and constraints of technologies.
You will be an integral part in advancing the culture of technical excellence within Capital One, and creating experiences to delight millions of customers! Who are you? You're the new Software Engineering Delivery Lead joining us at Capital One Bank to manage an Agile Java Development Technology team.You've written and/or released lots of software, shipped products and contributed to platforms, tools, and modules. Having worked with several frameworks, designs and scaling models you understand the challenges involved with building big, distributed systems used by thousands of people every day - and relish them. You love to learn new things and to grow.
- Hire, coach, and develop software engineering team-members (with the active involvement and input of the existing team-members)
- Be a part of peer and code reviews
- Hands on coding and pairing to provide input on roadblocks, tools, and at times actual feature delivery
- Responsible for the consum-ability of software delivered to customers
- Facilitate conversations with the team to ensure alignment with guardrails
- Partner with their peers on the Business side (e.g. Product Owners) on the product strategy and vision
- Stay up to date on technologies, techniques, and industry trends
- Provide mentorship, career development, performance feedback and complete performance evaluations for team-members
- Help determine how best technology can be applied to meet the customers needs
- Serve as a primary contact to coordinate development support for off hours troubleshooting efforts
- Ensure that the customer's voice is heard in all product and engineering processes
- Bachelor's degree or Military experience
- At least 2 years of experience managing software engineers
- At least 3 years of experience with agile development methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 8+ years of experience in leading software-oriented projects from inception to delivery
- 2+ years of cloud experience
- 2+ year of AWS APIs and services experience
- 2+ years of SQL database experience or 2+ years of NoSQL database
- 5 years of experience with Object Oriented Programming
- 5 years of experience with Java Development and REST APIs
- 5 years of experience with Service Oriented Architectures
- 5 years of experience with open source technologies
- 5 years of experience with object-oriented design
- 5 years of experience with test automation tools and ATDD
- 5 years of experience with large-scale distributed systems
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.