Product Security Engineers design and develop software and systems to minimize
the security risks created by our products for our customers. Typical
responsibilities include: development of common software security components
and toolkits, vulnerability response handling, and security development lifecycle
implementation. Incumbents may also be responsible for, or provide guidance to,
the definition of the security practices required to ensure the authenticity and
integrity of the product code during product development, as well as mitigating
risks of sourcing and delivery of counterfeit or maliciously tainted components in
• Assist the Security Engineering team with managing and addressing the
Security Engineering daily task queue.
• Work with the Security Engineering team to resolve information security
issues and develop enhancements/improvements for information security
• Provides solutions to a variety of product security problems of moderate
scope and complexity.
• Uses tools appropriately with technical guidance and completes tasks and
assignments under normal supervision.
• Perform additional responsibilities as requested
• Undergraduate student with Computer Science/Engineering-focused major
or minor or similar Bachelor of Science degree program preferred. A degree
focused in Information Security is highly desirable, but not required.
• Ability to work in an agile team environment.
• Problem solving skills.
• Familiarity with information security practices and utilities helpful.
• Willingness to learn about new security concepts and techniques.
• Solid written & verbal communication skills.
• Ability to learn and apply new tools and applications.
• Knowledge of one or more languages: Python, C++, and/or Java.
• Knowledge of cryptographic protocols.
• Knowledge of basic network vulnerability and web application scanning
• Basic operating system knowledge: Windows and Linux.
• Enjoys learning new technical skills and "playing with technology" in free
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
**Critical Hiring Criteria:** , **Functional Area(s):** Engineering - Hardware, Engineering - Other, Engineering - Software **Business:** EMC POSM **Business Unit:** 200 - STORAGE CORPORATE **Location:** US - Massachusetts - Hopkinton **AutoReqId:** 186072BR