Arconic is currently in search of a Software Engineer
to join our Global Rolled Products business unit in Lancaster, PA.
This position is a critical interface in the efficiency, output, and quality of our processes; minimizing downtime and optimizing control is essential for profitable operation of our facility. The incumbent will interact with vendors and consultants and is expected to arrange high quality equipment and services for the location.Responsibilities
- Maintain and develop process control operating systems from a hardware and software perspective.
- Design new process control systems as needed. This can be driven by new product development for the plant as well as modifications to existing processes.
- Perform system upgrades to keep current with hardware and software that is still supported by the manufacturer or developer.
- Maintain the upkeep of process control computers, software licensing agreements, and backups of software files to minimize the downtime of manufacturing equipment.
- Supply formatted data to the technical and process groups as requested. Timely access to this data is essential for the plant's quality management program and rapid problem solving.
- Solve quality problems associated with process control systems and develop software to diagnose quality problems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Information Technology from an accredited institution
- 2 years' experience with applications/software development in a manufacturing environment
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Knowledge of current Microsoft operating systems.
- Programming in Microsoft.NET environment (VB, C++)
- Familiarity with SCADA - GE Simplicity, A/B Factory Talk View
- Working knowledge of SQL Server
- Understanding of operating systems such as Unix, Open VmS, Current Microsoft OS
- Understanding of Network systems design
- Ability to develop functional specifications and create programs that satisfy function
- Knowledge of programming and interfacing with databases
- Application development and full software lifecycle
- Must be willing to continue training to keep current in the discipline.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.