Software Engineer-Sr. Manager/Team Lead
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
What you’ll do:
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
As a Capital One Lead Software Engineer, you'd serve as a leader on a diverse Agileteam dedicated tobreaking the norm and pushing the limits of continuous improvement and innovation. You’ll be a technical mentor to team members while contributing your expertise to detailed technical design, development, and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. You will also serve in a strategic, leadership role within our Technology Leadership Team.
As a Technical Subject Matter Expert, you’ll fulfill your cravings for hands-on development in everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using modern technologies, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. We’re looking for talented Lead Software Engineers who are well-versed in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, JQuery, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, Kafka, Spark, Apex, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure.
- Build strong partnerships within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, and implement technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Provide functional, technical and process leadership in areas such as pair programming, TDD, ATDD, DevOps, and Refactoring techniques
- Mentor a delivery team while supporting their ownership of quality craftsmanship, availability, resilience,and scalability ofthe team’s solutions
- Support multiple concurrent efforts and deliver in afast-paced, dynamic environment
- Handle highly complex, highly ambiguous tasks
- Demonstrate mastery in multiple business areas and bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn newtechnologies, participatein community ofpractice groups, and mentor more junior members of theengineering community
- Communicate effectively with both technicians and business leaders
- Deliver Scrum and/or SAFe methodologies
-Encourage innovation,implementation of cutting-edgetechnologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-boxthinking, teamwork, self-organization,and diversity
-Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 8 years of Application Development experience
- At least 3 years of systems and program design experience
- At least 3 years ofexperience providingtechnical leadership on software application development and running large-scale applications
- At least 3 years of Agile Delivery experience
- Master's Degree
- 9+ years of professionalexperience in atechnical role
- 6+ years of leadership experience with full life-cycle IT development and platform support
- 2+ years of CI/CD toolsets experience
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.