We are developing a state-of-the-art digital lithography tool to revolutionize the display industry. The system comprises a large number of networked, distributed computers running the Linux OS and communicating using internet protocols. We are seeking a highly-skilled Linux system administrator with direct customer experience and a willingness to travel.
• Serve as a primary on-site point-of-contact for customer system configuration and operation issues for the digital lithography system
• Understand and troubleshoot system communication and configuration issues
• Work directly with customer representatives to solve problems in order to make the system operational
• Interface with the development team, as necessary, to provide support to the customer
• Travel to customer sites, primarily in Asia and provide on-site support
• Training of on-site support personnel in required debug and maintenance activities
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree
• 8 Linux System Administration
• 3 years in a customer-facing IT support role
• Deep understanding of system administration in a Linux environment ( CENTOS, UBUNTU, RHAT, SUSE etc)
• Strong experience with networking protocols and IP stack configuration and debug
• Experience working on a multi-processor (20 node) environment
• Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, troubleshooting and debug skills in an IT environment
• Should be able to independently manage the small to medium LINUX environment
• Install, configure and manage PXE, Diskless clients
• Advance Scripting skills ( Shell, Perl, Python etc )
• Linux on non-stock x86: (e.g ARM or embedded x86)
• Serial console setup on BIOS(EFI)/bootloader/kernel/init sides, IPMI (especially IPMI SoL)
• Embedded HW setup. E.g SoC/pc104 - etc.
• Experience in customer-facing support and response
Experience with on-site deployment for system administration is a strong plus
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.