Oracle is at the forefront of engineering hardware and software to work together - in the cloud and in the data center. The SPARC Processor team is looking for highly qualified and motivated software engineers to work on software performance optimizations for its leading edge microprocessors, accelerating innovation and creating unique value for customers through software-hardware engineered solutions.
As a member of the Oracle SPARC Processor team, the candidate will analyze and optimize the interactions of applications, middleware, operating system, and hardware to ensure that the full entitlement of performance is realized by end customers. A big component of the development requires a strong understanding of multi-core/multithreaded architectures, operating system concepts , and ability to write and tune OS and middleware APIs to the underlying hardware architecture for performance.
The candidate will get excellent hands-on experience analyzing and implementing Software in Silicon optimizations in the JDK libraries on Linux for the SPARC architecture. The role involves collaborating with multiple engineering groups in the company such as the Java team, the Linux kernel developers, and the hypervisor team, compiler, and microprocessor design teams to ensure that analytics application performance is tuned to run on the SPARC hardware platform. The goal is to identify software performance enhancements in Java for the SPARC Software in Silicon features to optimize performance for all applications which use the Java JVM/JDK.
Job Function: Software in Silicon Developer, specializing in Java and Scala enhancements
- Java Development Kit (JDK) development
- Java package development, Java platform development
- Demonstrated programming skills in C / C programming languages.
- Demonstrated understanding of operating system concepts
Experience in the following are preferred:
- JIT/JVM development experience
- Linux development
- Linux or Red Hat Linux kernel, Linux driver, or application development
- Linux performance tuning experience
- Development of performance critical software
- Proficiency in Java, Perl
- Experience with scripting and programming languages such as python, bash, C script or perl
- Experience in a performance analysis, performance tuning or benchmarking role
- Familiarity with Oracle database architecture, both logical and physical design
- Experience with database queries and performance tuning
- Multi-core, Multi-threaded application development
- System administration on Linux OS
- Knowledge of virtualization and networking stack is a positive
- Experience using virtualization tooling such as VirtualBox, OVM, Docker (Linux Containers)
- Self-starter, capable of identifying technology/tools that can be leveraged to improve efficiency of development teams
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.