Dell is looking for a new member of our Dell Extreme Scale Infrastructure (ESI / DCS) Firmware Infrastructure Engineering Team. Our organization is a fast-paced, “start-up” environment with daily interactions with the Dell DCS customers. This position will also have direct contact with functional areas across Dell, and will be instrumental in setting direction and priorities as a representative of our customer. There will be close collaboration with Dell PowerEdge firmware development team (BIOS, BMC, iDRAC), as well as with Marketing, Architecture, System Engineering, Sales, and Support teams within Dell. This position offers opportunities to help design high level customer strategies, as well as and deep dive on complex technical issues.
This engineer will be responsible for working as a member of a team of solutions and systems engineers to efficiently understand customer requirements and to participate in the design, implementation, test, and release of these products. This individual will assess customer firmware requirements, architect solutions, and drive the PowerEdge development teams to implement those solutions.
Specific expectations of this position include:
• Have a deep understanding of BIOS/UEFI architectures, as well as a solid understanding of PowerEdge products, including devices and technologies such as Switches, PDUs, Serial Switches, etc., and deployment / management tools and capabilities. A solid working knowledge of BMC is also needed.
• Drive the PE firmware development teams, and other firmware vendors, to deliver the right products for the customer, and to drive quality into the products during all phases of the product life-cycle.
• Triage firmware issues found in the customer environment and work with the development teams on solutions.
• Provide technical support for delivery of systems to customers, including occasional technical support to factories during product builds as well as support at integration facilities to ensure systems are correctly built, integrated at the rack or container level, and configured prior to deployment to customers.
• Strong experience in embedded development of server control and management systems; deep understanding of Linux; and strong working understanding of BIOS/BMC Firmware. 5 years of firmware development experience in BIOS, BMC and/or iDRAC is preferred.
• Knowledge of IPMI standards is required. Knowledge of DCMI, FRU and SMBIOS is also desired.
• Strong ability in organizing and managing multiple projects, tasks and changing priorities.
• Working independently under aggressive timelines.
• Ability to write and analyze requirements, functional specifications, design specifications, test plans, and other technical documentation.
• Advanced knowledge of server and storage hardware systems.
• Working ability to drive cross-functional development efforts through conception, planning, implementation, and sustaining.
• Ability to analyze options for critical design elements and features and determine optimum selection.
• Eight years of engineering experience. With BSEE, BSCS, or equivalent degree.
**Job:** **Engineering - Software Integration Engineer*
**Organization:** **Commercial Sales and Enterprise Solutions*
**Title:** *Software Integration Principal Engineer - BIOS/UEFI*
**Requisition ID:** *16000PY7*