Dell is looking for a new member of our Dell Extreme Scale Infrastructure (ESI) Solutions Engineering Team. Our organization is a fast-paced, “start-up” environment with daily interactions with the Dell ESI customers. This position will also have direct contact with functional areas across Dell, and will be instrumental in setting direction and priorities as a representative of our customer. There will be close collaboration with Marketing, Architecture, System Engineering, Sales, Support, Integration and Validation teams within Dell. This position offers opportunities to help design high level customer strategies, as well as and deep dive on complex technical issues.
The successful candidate for this position will manage the lifecycle of firmware used in infrastructure (chassis, racks, etc.) controllers, from design through sustaining. This engineer will be responsible for working as a member of a team of solutions and systems engineers to efficiently understand customer requirements and to participate in the design, implementation, test, and release of these products. This individual will drive evaluation and adoption of ESI solutions within the Customer's environment, enabling customers to integrate these infrastructure products into their operations.
Specific expectations of this position include:
- Have deep understanding of Data Center products, including devices and technologies such as server BIOS and BMC, Switches, PDUs, Serial Switches, etc., and deployment / management tools and capabilities.
· Drive the Austin Design Center and Taiwan Design Center technical product development teams to deliver the right products for the customer base, and to drive quality into the products during all phases of the product life-cycle.
· Supporting sample demand build and coordination on priorities across all ESI business bases. Sample building includes performing system concept evaluations and sample builds for the purpose of taking measurements as requested by the customer (e.g., benchmark, power measures, etc.) through delivery and support of these units.
· Coordinating with product development managers in the Taiwan Design Center and with Customer Solutions Teams to ensure that sample units provided within your base are understood, and that any additional required development engineering (new qualifications, regulatory compliance, etc…) are tracked and managed by the development managers appropriately for the timing and probability of business award.
· Providing technical support for delivery of systems to customers, including occasional technical support to factories during product builds as well as support at integration facilities to ensure systems are correctly built, integrated at the rack or container level, and configured prior to deployment to customers. In this function, participate as a member of the Customer Solutions Teams related to your business base.
· Supporting Customer Engineering teams and the Sales team to ensure that field operations are meeting the customer expectation. Support for this may include on-site support as required in addition to providing technical direction to services on periodic platform updates and service actions. In this function, attend the ESI Services Core team meeting.
• Strong experience in embedded development of server control and management systems; deep understanding of Linux; and strong working understanding of BIOS/BMC Firmware.
• Very strong customer interaction experience and skills.
• Knowledge of IPMI standards is required.
• Ability to develop scripts to support testing and deployment activities in different environments.
• Strong ability in organizing and managing multiple projects, tasks and changing priorities.
• Working independently under aggressive timelines.
• Ability to write and analyze requirements, functional specifications, design specifications, test plans, and other technical documentation.
• Advanced knowledge of server and storage hardware systems.
• Working ability to drive cross-functional development efforts through conception, planning, implementation, and sustaining.
• Thorough understanding of appropriate technologies, vendor products, and competitor's offerings.
• Ability to analyze options for critical design elements and features and determine optimum selection.
• Thorough ability to identify potential product weakness and be able to provide design guidance and recommendations for improvements to subsequent redesigns.
• Eight years of experience. With BSEE, BSCS, or equivalent degree
**Job:** **Engineering - Software Integration Engineer*
**Organization:** **Commercial Sales and Enterprise Solutions*
**Title:** *Software Integration Principal Engineer (DataCenter/BMC Firmware)*
**Requisition ID:** *16000OW2*
A little about us:
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.