Hardware and software integration of new and/or existing systems, functions and LRUs designed by the Development Engineering and the Software Development groups.
- Integration test of LRU and system functionality.
- Ensure all testing is properly documented and submitted.
- Coordinate activities for systems development, integration, test, and software/hardware release.
- Responsible for the integration and maintenance of a test rack configuration with regards to the systems installation. Software and system testing of all Inflight Entertainment (IFE) functionality for existing systems.
- Participate in the design and development of all IFE system functionality .
- Participate in all efforts in the testing and regression testing of software phase releases.
- Assist and support all engineering efforts company-wide as required.
- Develop test plans and procedures to validate system requirements.
- A strong technical background in development and test.
- Solid background and understanding of Unix and Linux OS. Familiarity of systems administrator capabilities and command language for Linux is preferred.
- Excellent writing and strong communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, in person and on the phone.
- Uses professional concepts while applying company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- May possess one or more of the following: Ethernet network knowledge with the ability to diagnose problems at the network layer. Education/Experience requirements
- BS in EE, computer science or related degree, or equivalent experience in a related field.
- 0-3 years of experience in software/system engineering development and/or software/hardware testing. IFE and/or Avionics industry-related experience is preferred. Other Requirements
- Ability to travel to domestic or international locations as required, up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds. Majority of time spent at test rack (75%) which includes standing, lifting, bending, twisting and stooping. Location/Division: 26200 Enterprise Way, Lake Forest, CA 92630, USA Job Requisition: 1601619
A little about us:
Our people are the driving force behind passengers’ amazing entertainment experience and customers’ robust business platform.