The Connected Home Division (CHD) within Intel's Client Computing Group is looking for a dynamic leader to drive a DevOps cultural shift within CHD software organization. The DevOps and Infrastructure manager will be responsible for a global team of highly skilled engineers to deploy scalable and robust infrastructure services that will improve software productivity and quality. The successful candidate will have a deep background and experience working with IT, Continuous Integration (CI) software development methodologies and system QA automation.
The manager's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage day to day activities of a cross-geo team including contingent workforce.
- Work collaboratively with other SW teams to deploy E2E configuration management solutions spanning requirements to SW delivery.
- Drive selection and integration of tools for CI and test automation.
- Daily support for SW teams on deployed solutions.
- Extend collaboration between the development, system QA and IT groups to provide improved quality of service, resource management and security.
- Act as point of contact for IT support by driving system requirements, capital requests and issue resolution.
- Build and maintain a high performance team culture.
- Be on the leading edge of DevOps technologies that challenge convention in meaningful and positive ways.
You must possess an MS/9 years or BS/12 years in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent. In addition, a minimum 5 years managing teams with a proven track record of delivering business results and demonstrated experience with:
- Off-the shelf and open source tools for configuration management and Continuous Integration such as JIRA, Git, Bitbucket, TeamCity, Jenkins.
- Agile development methodologies.
- Project management and software development life cycle.
- Networking effectively at senior levels across the business with the ability to engage and influence business leaders and peer groups.
- 3rd party / outsource vendor engagement management.
Preferred Qualifications include experience with:
- Scripting and automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- SW license management and static code analysis tools such as Protex, Code Center, Klocwork, etc.
- OS build and Linux distribution systems, such as Yocto, OpenEmbedded, OpenWRT.
- Lab management and capital inventory systems.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.