The Windows OS (WOS) Team is searching for passionate and energetic Database/ Big Data Software Performance Engineers. In this position, you will be responsible for optimizing database system software for Microsoft SQL Server products and Big Data software for Private and public cloud. You will work closely with engineering and architecture leads at Intel and Microsoft to define and enable the next generation technologies to be competitive in performance, power, responsiveness, etc. If you want to make an impact on Intel's future products, then come join us in the WOS team!
Degree in Computer science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Knowledge of Windows operating system concepts.
- Good skills in multi-threaded software development.
- Work experience or academic training with performance (analysis) tools, e.g. vTune, or Perf, or Xperf.
- Knowledge of Oracle or SQL databases
Preferred Qualifications (not required): -Knowledge of big data concepts preferred.
- Detailed knowledge and real-world experience with Intel 32-bit (IA-32) and 64-bit Instruction Set Architectures and micro-architectures.
- Experience with Intel/Microsoft performance profilers. For example, VTune, XPerf and WPA.
- Experience with enterprise server, virtualization and cloud environments (i.e. Azure/HyperV/Xen/KVM)
- Experience with enterprise applications (webservers, database, etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft development tools and environments
- Experience with state-of-the-art managed runtimes for dynamic scripting languages (e.g. PowerShell, Jscript, Python, Ruby, etc.) and optimization techniques.
- Knowledge of Server Power management concepts.
- Knowledge of Windows* system Application Program Interface (API).
- Multithreaded programming patterns and libraries knowledge.
- Knowledge of Machine learning concepts (R language, machine learning frameworks) is a plus
-Knowledge of Compilers and/or Runtimes is a plus
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.