Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Dell-EMC Storage Center (SC) is a revolutionary enterprise storage solution that automates the movement and management of data, enabling organizations to constantly adapt to change and growth in their business environment. We call it Fluid Data, and it's the future of data storage! Dell SC is seeking a Storage Device Test Engineer to join our design center in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. This Engineering position will work with a team of developers developing automated test codes to ensure that our data storage solutions new and enhanced products meet and exceed company and customer expectations. The Storage Device Test Engineer will be responsible for creating, modifying and executing software test plans for new HDD and SSD product introductions into the Dell SC system using and developing automated tests. The Dell SC team is dedicated to improving testing in innovative ways to improve both test efficiencies and to ensure product reliability.Principal Accountabilities
- Responsible for being knowledgeable of supplier roadmaps and technology transitions to identify emerging technology and innovative features and products for market advantage.
- Work with SC Development Engineering to integrate market advantage features into the SC platform.
- Responsible to perform automated testing and debug to integrate new HDD and SSD products into the Dell Compellent Storage Center Operating System through the use of systematic tests to maintain quality standards.
- Develops documents and executes test plans for newly developed and current hardware, software, and solutions products.
- Ensure correct test programs are executed.
- Provide analysis and reports on the test results and proactively identify and manage issues as they arise before they negatively impact delivery schedules.
- Characterize and determine Root Cause of issues by utilizing many skills and techniques including writing special tests, modifying existing tests, and utilizing bus analyzers.
- Provides clear, concise, and timely information to appropriate development engineering teams as test failures are encountered.
- Collaborates with internal and external colleagues to develop comprehensive requirements and test plans.
- Reviews requirements, specifications and designs to assure products meet Dell Compellent specification requirements.
- Creates external facing documentation including: High Level Designs Requirements, Release Descriptions, Integration and Test Plans and Reports.
- Participates in Code and Documentation Reviews
- Undergraduate degree in computer science (or related major) and 3 - 6 years relevant of experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Strong knowledge of storage architectures, applications, network protocols and connectivity (SCSI,SAS, iSCSI, FC).
- Demonstrated expertise in software engineering principles and methods, principles of hardware and software system architecture and hardware/software interactions.
- Works well with others - calm under pressure, clearly communicates, takes direction from development engineers.
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues.
- Ability to quickly master new tools, languages and operating systems.
- Experience with C, C++, Java and Python programming languages.
is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .
Job Family: Engineering Development
Job ID: R94557