GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Software Project Manager - Digital
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
In this role, the Software Project Manager - Digital will be responsible for project management and execution of GEH digital projects. The Software Project Manager will lead scope, schedule, budget and agile software development for our nuclear customers and coordinate Predix software asset performance management and operations optimization efforts.
As the Software Project Manager, you will lead a cross functional and cross organizational - matrixed team of Engineers, Data Scientists, User Experience professionals, and Software Development resources to develop GEH Nuclear Digital offerings.
In addition you will:
* Demonstrate strong technical leadership including solid communication and analytical skills with thorough understanding of product development and successful problem definition, decomposition, estimation and resolution
* Lead Predix software development as the primary interface with the external customer
* Work with customers to define requirements for product features, data services, analytics and solution architecture
* Schedule and Lead customer workouts for developing innovative predictive analytic software
* Schedule and lead weekly project status meetings, and monthly leadership review meetings
* Lead delivery and refinement of customer contract documentation for scope, schedule, and payment milestones
* Assist in formulation of nuclear software product strategy and implementation roadmap
* Project Management - Scope, Budget, Risks, Requirements, Testing, Resource Management
* Leverage agile, FastWorks, and digital project management methodologies (DPMM)
* Build strong relationships with Business and software teams to drive schedule adherence and represent the voice of the customer
* Proactively drive the prioritization, budgeting and resource planning of development work to support business objectives and customer outcomes
* Manage and adhere to security (i.e. ISO cybersecurity framework, infrastructure, IP protection) and controllership (i.e. SOX, export control, GEH procedures) standards
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems / Computer Science or a related discipline from an accredited college or university
* Minimum of 5 years of leadership in IT program executionELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Experience managing agile software-based IT projects and virtual teams
* Working knowledge of Java, web services, front end technologies (i.e, Angular JS), databases and database tools
* Experience in new product introduction or product development
* Critical thinking and analytical skills
* Proven ability to assess priorities and allocate resources appropriately
* Strong self-directed leadership with proven track record for project execution while working with matrixed teams
* Strong project management skills including project initiation, scoping, resourcing, scheduling, budgeting, risk management and communication
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal, leadership, negotiations, and presentation skills
* Ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously
* Strong knowledge of GE project management and IT processes
* GE ITLP (Information Technology Leadership Program) Graduate (GE employees only)
* Green Belt / Black Belt Certification or equivalent Quality training
* ScrumMaster certification
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.