The candidate will play a key role in the quality assurance of our middle office suite of applications. We are looking for someone who has proven experience with automation of complex applications and a focus on and commitment to automation. This role will be responsible for maintaining an automated acceptance testing cycle that is common in an Agile process.
International Fund Services is a dynamic organization and part of State Street Corporation's Alternative Investments Division. We are responsible for the administration and servicing of external hedge funds and other unique financial entities. Given the demanding nature of our work we maintain a policy of sustainable pace to ensure our high standards of quality and the longevity of the people in whom we invest.
- \t\tWork with users and developers to define new projects to extend and enhance the company's proprietary financial applications.\t
- \t\tCreate test scenarios and implement automated functional test cases that will serve as acceptance test criteria for enhancements and new applications.\t
- \t\tWork closely with developers and quality assurance members to run test suites and research errors.\t
- \t\tWork with the support group to reproduce production problems and identify gaps in the regression test suite.\t
- \t\tWork with developers to utilize and extend custom test harnesses for applications.\t
- \t\tFind ways to enhance the testing process with new tools strategies or techniques.\t
- \t\tProvide technical leadership to the QA team.
- \t\tAt least 3 full years of recent experience with either Quick Test Pro Silktest or some other testing automation tool. This experience should include an advanced ability to create objects and methods and hand-coded test scripts using automated testing tools.\t
- \t\tAdvanced knowledge of reusable coding patterns and object oriented paradigms as applied to automated testing tools.\t
- \t\tOne or more years of full-time experience in an iterative development environment using an iterative Agile-like methodology with experience of delivering working software to production through the entire life cycle.\t
- \t\tExpert knowledge of SQL and relational databases.\t
- \t\tIntermediate to advanced UNIX knowledge including shell scripting.\t
- \t\tStrong understanding of source code control specifically cvs or subversion\t
- \t\tAbility to quickly troubleshoot and diagnose issues within the quality assurance environment and communicate that knowledge to a varied audience of technical and non-technical stakeholders.\t
- \t\tExperience testing both client-server and web based applications through one or more full life cycles of an application.\t
- \t\tProven experience delivering multiple versions of one or more applications.\t
- \t\tKnowledge of financial securities and trading principles.\t
- \t\tTeam oriented attitude.\t
- \t\tStrong organizational skills and attention to detail.\t
- \t\tExcellent verbal and written communication skills.\t
- \t\tBachelor's degree with concentration in Engineering Business or Technology preferred.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.