Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Position Summary & Major Responsibilities:
QA Engineers use creativity, technical skill, and stellar communication to help design, test and deliver high quality software for utility companies world-wide. Team members utilize home-grown test tools as well as commonly used open-source tools for automated testing. A QA Engineer creates automated test frameworks using C# code that interfaces with product code and scripting languages. QA Engineers are responsible for ensuring the highest quality by employing manual functional testing, automation testing, regression, endurance, performance and security testing, while learning and applying testing best practices. The QA Engineer must have the ability to navigate a new piece of functionality and discover its weaknesses. The engineer in this position tests Schneider Electric’s GIS-enabled solutions, which allow utilities to manage energy assets (electric, gas, and fiber optics).
The QA Engineer will:
· Create and explore! Our team will rely on your ability to creatively explore the software, find defects, assess usability, and identify areas of improvement.
· Engage in all stages of the software development process, starting at requirements gathering, through iterative develop-and-test cycles, and to final production release.
· Independently assess an application and identify necessary testing. Use this information to write test plans with the user criteria as your guide (no requirements documentation).
· Follow established guidelines in the testing of software products.
· Identify, report and manage software defects and usability improvement requests.
· Collaborate with scrum team members in an Agile environment.
· Contribute to team improvement initiatives and projects, including team tools, process changes, and test automation.
· Continually grow skills and knowledge of best test practices, tools and code use.
· Use strong problem-solving skills to troubleshoot technical issues.
Education & Experience Preferred:
· BS (or working toward a degree) in Computer Science or a related field.
· Intermediate understanding of programming concepts with the ability to read solution code and write test code.
· Experience testing RESTful web services.
· Experience with test automation using various tools like Visual Studio, SOAP, Fiddler, Postman.
· Demonstrate a basic understanding of relational databases and tools, with the ability to query and manipulate data.
· Some experience with load/performance testing of web applications a plus.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.