At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
Our highly skilled engineering team is looking for a motivated Software QA Engineer to help in the testing and system integration of our solar PV design tools software products. In this position, you will utilize your strong technical skills to work closely with a geographically distributed development team to maintain a high standard of quality. You will also get to work closely with the different types of users, also geographically distributed, to create test plans that will maintain a high-quality system integration.
Required Skills and Background:
- Perform various types of testing such as 'Functional Testing', 'Regression Testing', and 'System Integration Testing'
- Passion for seeking out bugs and strong communication skills to describe how to recreate them
- Comfortable with JSON
- Comfortable working with different software tools and processes
- Experience with Amazon AWS
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams.
- Agile development life cycle
- Solar Experience (Preferred)
- 5+ years experience in software testing
- Minimum of a BS in a technical field or equivalent experience
One more thing...you'll be required to submit to a criminal history check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar, an equal opportunity employer, does not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.
A little about us:
Vivint Solar (NYSE: VSLR) is a leading provider of distributed solar energy to residential customers in the United States.