Software QA Engineer - Plano, TX
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 160011ZE
Software QA Engineer - Plano, TX (160011ZE)
Dell’s Data Protection (DDP) product portfolio is an industry-leading solution of data protection and user authentication applications that enables users to control, manage, and secure data from endpoints, servers, and the cloud. We have experienced a tremendous amount of growth, have great projects on our roadmap and we are looking for QA engineers to join our team.
For this specific position, we are looking for people who can help in the test execution process with related to Security Encryption products. The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, goal-oriented and can take responsibility for testing software solutions to meet our business needs.
This individual will not only participate in test execution but also work with test leads and ensure that there is coverage across the products.
- Schedule and perform appropriate testing for products
- Submit errors and issues to development for correction, and retest once errors have been corrected following established procedures.
- Report test results and status as appropriate. Track defects and causal analysis to closure
- Deliver accurate work estimates
- Able to perform recurring regression testing on multiple platforms
- Perform automation runs, create/edit test scripts, and review automation reports/logs to identify issues
- Responsible for creating their own test environments. (VMWare, Imaging Platforms, Hardware replacement)
- 6 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience with 2 years of working experience with Computers
- Knowledge of Python automation scripts, creation/updating/maintaining
- Knowledge of reviewing automation reports and logs to identifying defects
- Strong Knowledge about Windows Desktop and Enterprise Applications
- Working knowledge about Operating Systems and Networking
- Extremely productive and self-motivated
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- Familiarity with the Windows & Security Applications
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Familiarity with a variety of project lifecycles and processes
- Experience with traditional testing methodologies
/ Company Description /
/ With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success. /
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
**Job:** **Software QA Engineer - Engr*
**Organization:** **Client Solutions*
**Title:** *Software QA Engineer - Plano, TX*
**Requisition ID:** *160011ZE*