Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
Visa is looking for Software QA/Test Engineers who will help build Open VisaNet, Visa's Next generation payment processing platform developed on Open Systems, that would fuel growth in electronic payments globally and drive financial inclusion in many parts of the world.
Open VisaNet, is the Next Generation VisaNet, will push the envelope of building highly scalable, secure, cost effective and distributed application on commodity hardware using best-in-class technology components. Open VisaNet is one of Visa's Key initiative that will help Visa support in-country processing solutions and provide Visa an opportunity to move away from Proprietary Mainframe type systems. Building Open VisaNet will involve collaboration with exceptional group of software engineers, security specialists, DevOps engineers, payment experts and infrastructure architects.
- Participate in design and implementation of highly scalable and fault-tolerant distributed components using functional programming paradigm, APIs, abstractions and integration patterns to solve challenging distributed computing problems.
- Help converting business requirements into technical requirements and design and develop system acceptance criteria, functional test plans with a focus on coverage, performance and automation.
- Collaborate with team to build performance test suite. Run simulations with high throughput workload, analyze performance simulation results to fine tune component design and implementation.
- Collaborate with the multiple teams across Development, Operation & Infrastructure, Product to analyze, debug and resolve design and code issues. Support cross-functional teams in integrated test efforts.
- Identify process improvements, error trends and/or the root causes and make recommendations for remedies to colleagues and management.
- Contribute to efficient development process pipeline by leveraging best-in-class CI/CD tools.
- Participate in cross-group and internal customer feature demos. Document process, designs, test results, and analysis.
- Extraordinary software engineering talent
- Minimum of 2 years' hands-on development experience
- Knowledge of functional programming languages like Scala, Erlang, Haskell, Clojure, or the ability to learn them quickly
- Experience with distributed database, distributed computing and high frequency transactions is a big plus
- Working familiarity with the entire software development lifecycle including version control, build process, testing, and code release
- Experience with development, build, testing and continuous integration tools
- Experience with operating system internals, file systems, disk/storage and networking protocols
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Thrive in self-motivated internal-innovation driven environment
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related degree from recognized university
- Previous experience with financial services or payments processing domain is a big plus
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.