Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Job Description Job Description
We're looking for talented, experienced software QA engineer (automation) with solid functional skills and a passion for testing software for Client Server applications. The candidate will join a team testing Financial Services applications developed in Java and web based applications. Will develop new tests and support existing regressions tests on keyword based UFT framework. Must have hands-on experience writing VB Script code, not simply running tests. In addition to the UFT scripts, must have hands-on writing code for Java/Selenium projects. Excellent communication skills; must be comfortable working with developers and analysts.
The person will be coordinating with development/manual QA team, writing test cases, build our automated testing tools and scripts, working with a remote QA team, helping support our QA environment, and of course actually doing various levels of testing the products. The position is located at our Boston, MA location. Excellent benefits, flexible work environments with state of the art technology and very lucrative compensation.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or its equivalent
- 3+ years software testing experience
- 3+ years of UFT programming experience
- 2+ years of strong SQL experience in Oracle, MySQL
- 1+ years of Java/Selenium programming experience
- Hands-on experience with keyword/data driven automation frameworks
- Hands-on experience testing Web Services using SoapUI or equivalent tool
- Experience with JIRA, Jenkins
- Experience in Financial Services is desired
- Experience working with offshore resources
- Research technologies and methodologies which will improve our test practices
- Very strong troubleshooting, debugging, and analysis skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Detail oriented with ability to multitask several responsibilities
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Experience with web services, REST, SOAP, XSLT, XSD, and XML is a plus.
- Experience with FIX or SWIFT would be a plus.
- Experience with Web Services testing
- Familiarity with UNIX or Linux and Windows operating systems, Must be comfortable using standard UNIX utilities to do testing and identify issues.
- Self-motivated, quick learner and creative problem solver, organized, and responsible team player.
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.