We are seeking a Software SQA/System Test Engineer to join our growing team and participate in the development of a state-of-the-art digital lithography tool. The successful candidate will help drive our software and system quality by working with both the software and hardware teams on the development of Test Plans, tests and methodologies for finding problems before they surface. Key Responsibilities
- Contribution to the SQA function and infrastructure for the Digital Lithography group.
- Review of daily tool logs to identify software anomalies and determine root cause.
- Develop and conduct script based tests in the lab to validate functionality of various software features and printed circuit boards.
- Organize and facilitate reviews of Test Plans and test execution results.
- Integration of software unit tests into the board test framework and documentation of the system/board test procedures.
- Track and manage software issues using bug tracking system.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related area.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Experience working in Linux environment is required.
- Good knowledge of Python, TCL and shell scripting.
- Some experience in C and network programming is desirable
- Experience using software tools and scripts to test hardware boards and systems
- Familiarity with digital circuits and communication protocols like I2C and SPI
- Excellent communication and process documentation skills for developing test methodologies while working with software and hardware developers
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.