Adecco is hiring for an experienced software quality engineer to work in a quality assurance capacity at an industry leader in Greensboro.
The Software Quality Engineer contributes as a cross-functional team member applying a system perspective to quality activities ahead of production release to customers. This position demonstrates a hands-on approach to software verification for timely delivery of high quality solutions. Candidates must utilize software test engineering concepts to include test planning, design, analysis, execution, and test optimization.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Design and develop test based on input requirements and technical specifications
- Must have user level experience in performing functional, system, integration, and regression and performance styles of testing.
- User level experience in test execution and monitoring activities and the ability to ensure that test are completed as expected.
- Track, report and verify software defects to ensure the resolution of issues found.
- Demonstrated knowledge or experience in configuring and troubleshooting hardware.
- Experience in working in an Agile/SCRUM environment.
- Test automation or scripting is a plus
- Designing/coding with scripting languages (Python, Perl) a plus.
- Strong work ethic and possess the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently, multi-task and adapt to an on-going, progressively changing work environment.
- Bachelor Degree in CS/ME/EE and minimum 2 - 4 years technical QA experience, or equivalent
- Experience with Linux OS environment a plus
- Experience with SCRUM environment
- Excellent computer skills (Windows, Excel, Outlook, etc)
Candidates must be able to pass a background screening and drug screening. This is a contract position and a great opportunity for the right candidate!
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.