Intel Software Quality is looking for a Software Quality Engineer to support software teams to manage and improve the quality of their software offerings associated with various operating systems and help to create product quality deliverables.
In this position, the responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Work with teams deploying operating systems, APIs, Apps, etc… and interface throughout the product development life cycle to ensure that effective software quality engineering practices are understood and applied.
• Ensure that software quality requirements and goals are established and met, that projects and products comply with applicable standards, requirements, and objectives, and driving continuous improvements in software quality.
• Apply software quality engineering practices and principles during all phases of product development.
• Develop and track Software Quality Plans and drive Software Process Improvement Initiatives.
• Track and report on project's progress against the quality targets.
• Perform metric collections and analysis.
• Deliver products based on open source offerings.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
• Written and oral communication skills.
• Solving problems skills.
• Effective influencing skills and organizational skills.
• Ability to work in an ambiguous and frequently changing environment.
• Ability to work with geographically distributed stakeholders.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
• Must possess a Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline.
• Minimum of 6 months experience with software engineering.
• Minimum of 6 months experience with quality constructs.
• Minimum of 6 months experience with data analysis.
• Knowledge of upcoming markets/industry.
• Knowledge of software quality engineering methods.
• Experience in delivering Android/Linux based products to market.
• Experience in mobile/IoT/wearables product space.
• Experience in working across the full life cycle of software development.
• Experience in working with teams needing substantial support to mature their software development practices.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.