GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Surface
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Why join one great company when you can join many? We're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team.
GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry-from extraction to transportation to end use. Our unrelenting commitment to the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it's The Way We Work. We develop smart solutions for our customers across the oil and gas value chain delivering the innovation, customized service solutions, training programs and technology that helps them to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability. We partner with our customers to develop their next generation workforce; help them to fully benefit from the megatrends of natural gas, the growth of subsea and hard-to-reach reserves and the revolution in asset health management.Learn more about GE Oil and Gas Today!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Software Quality Release Engineer
Applications and Software
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Responsible for understanding functional/product requirements for component/module for a specific release, documenting it as functional specifications, applying agile principles to convert these specifications into stories/work units/then translating them into criteria for acceptable product performance. Works independently, at the same time collaborating w/ all other roles w/in an agile product development life cycle to ensure product releases that meets organizational standards/customer needs.
In the role of Software Quality Release Engineer you will:
* Develop Quality Engineering and Build and Release work flows
* Ensure that intermediate and major features releases meet quality standards and functional requirements
* Work with fellow team members and provides subject matter expertise to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions during User Acceptance Testing as well as after the product is deployed in Production
* Track and report on software quality trends during software release cycles
* Propose and track software quality metrics
* Apply Agile principles to translate unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work units through problem decomposition and planning
* Demonstrate practical experience in Agile Methodology to runs scrums and stand-ups to collaborate with engineering teams and support them with scope considerations, product requirements
* Show increasing understanding of the technology stack and its impact on the final product
* Demonstrate awareness of Industrial trends and domain expertise
* Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) from an accredited college or university
* Minimum 2 years of experience in software development
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited college or university
* Strong analytical skills - strong problem solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve
* Demonstrated proficiency in writing software test cases for enterprise software deliverables
* Experience with contemporary quality approaches such as TDD (Test Driven Development) and BDD
* Knowledge of software testing concepts including: regression, unit, integration, load, white box, black box, positive, negative, mocking, boundary testing, scalability, traceability
* Highly self-motivated, able to work independently
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
GE works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Oil & Gas!
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.