Oracle Public Cloud is experiencing significant growth resulting in rapid expansion of the underlying network infrastructure to support that growth.
We are looking for a highly motivated and detail oriented automation software test engineer to join our network automation team. The right candidate for this position is passionate about delivering the best possible experience for our customers and partners. Your responsibilities will include developing automation framework to validate provisioning, service discovery, configuration and resiliency aspects of network devices (routers, switches, etc) as well as to automate API calls to verify backend functionality.
• Develop automated test frameworks and testing tools to meet functional, performance, scalability and other quality requirements.
• Enforce and expedite the quality process by proposing and creating automated testing processes.
• Identify test data requirements and generate required test data.
• Execute test cases, identify and communicate defects and risks
• Report test progress and quality status to project stakeholders.
• Configure test environments as necessary to support test efforts
• Diagnose and solve complex problems while providing detailed technical analysis
• Be organized and capable to work on multiple tasks efficiently
Preferred skills and experience:
• Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering or similar technical field
• 2 years experience working with network automation frameworks and methods for interacting with devices using Netconf, RESTful APIs in Python/Java or similar languages
• Familiar with JMeter and experienced in JMeter load test is a plus.
• Proficient in UNIX/Linux environments and shell scripting.
• Experience in Selenium web driver automation is a plus.
. Solid knowledge of IP Networking, datacenter network technologies, packet forwarding architectures and internet routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, ISIS MPLS, GRE, IPSec, VxLAN, Dot1Q, QinQ, netflow/Jflow, SNMP etc)
• Excellent written & verbal communication, and analytical skills.
• Highly motivated and organized, with the ability to accept ambiguity and deliver exceptional results on tight schedules.
• Demonstrated creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skill
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.