What you will do
The Software Security Architect - Data Enabled is an experienced software architect or engineer with demonstrated experience in cybersecurity controls and secure software development practices. The successful candidate will serve as the subject matter expert in secure software development for the Data Enabled line of business, and exciting and complex business unit. At Johnson Controls, we are dedicated to protecting our customers by constantly improving security in the building systems and related products and applications that we develop. Specifically, you will support our Lead Security Architect and Application Security Manager in mentoring others in technical security concepts and ensuring secure development practices are followed. How you will do it
To excel in this role, you must be a leader and mentor, able to both set direction for your line of business and drive technical decisions, but also mentor our developers on meeting our cybersecurity requirements, both technical and process related. You must be eager to learn a new area and technology stack, work in a fast-paced environment with tight development schedules, and partner with product development teams to guide them in meeting security requirements in a way least impactful to their development timelines. You will demonstrate your technical expertise by consulting and coaching around technical security requirements, and you will be the first level of validation whether a technical requirement was met. You will drive the development of cybersecurity requirements across multiple products and platforms ensuring common designs, functionality, and integration with existing and future systems. In addition to the technical expertise you will bring to the challenge of secure software development you will also bring a process focused and organized approach to ensuring the development teams within your line of business are fulfilling their product security responsibilities during the appropriate phases of the development lifecycle. You will interface with and work across program management, product management, and engineering to keep on track with Design for Security deliverable completion and security defect remediation. The opportunities to provide both support and oversight keep the job fresh and exciting. What we look for
Who we are
- BS/BA in an engineering, IT, or other technology related discipline.
- 8+ years professional work experience or a combination of experience and education.
- Must have an understanding of the Microsoft Security Development Lifecycle or comparable secure software development framework.
- One of the following recognized professional certifications: CCSP, CISSP, CSSLP, CEH, or related.
- Experience in software security architecture or security engineering preferably applicable to a cloud hosted solutions provider Preference to security architecture experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, or other cloud providers.
- Ability to assess and translate requirements from various sources into practical development plans.
- Experience developing and designing distributed systems with end to end system design that consist of sub-system decomposition, interface/API design, hardware specification, system scalability security and system performance.
- Experience serving in an application or software security oversight or governance role.
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com