Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility. DevOps Site Reliability Engineer** Position is Remote / Virtual **
Have you ever wondered what it takes to run a cloud infrastructure at scale?
Do you enjoy a challenge and improving services already at scale?
Our team of engineers at Virtustream work to design, build and operate an infrastructure-as-a-service cloud for some of the biggest companies in the world. Our team is looking for individuals to help create the foundation for a distributed, API driven micro-service to automate our large scale storage platforms.Responsibilities include:
- Design services and libraries to provide on-demand, self service access to storage
- Develop abstractions and automation on top of traditional block storage arrays
- Develop API-driven micro-services that combine into a larger platform offering
- Participating in collaborative projects with software engineering teams
- Develop tools to monitor consumption and usage patterns to drive automated decisions
- Participate in troubleshooting, capacity planning and analysis, performance analysis activities
- Minimum 3 years of DevOps, Operations Engineering or as a SRE with development for large online services
- Experience in large scale operations environments
- 5+ years of experience with Linux/Unix development or systems administration
- Strong competency in production of infrastructure platforms and IaaS
- Hands-on PostgreSQL capability
- Solid ability to work in collaborative coding environments
- Creativity, initiative and acute attention to detail
- A thirst for innovation and solving problems at lightning speed
- Passion for automating everything repetitive
- Production experience using configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef and/or Saltstack
- Obsession with software scalability and performance under high loads
- A solid understanding of LAN and WAN topologies
- Development experience, comfortable working in multiple languages at once
- Experience working in distributed, remote teams across multiple time zones a plus
- Familiarity working with containers and API driven services
- Ability to identify tasks which require automation and implement required automation
- Hands-on operational experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment - distributed systems, capacity planning, continuous deployment
- BA/BS in Computer Science preferred, or equivalent experience (advanced degrees preferred)
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Family: Engineering Development
Job ID: R10043
A little about us:
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.