Everyone has the potential for greatness. At Dell, we hire the best talent to tackle some of technology’s greatest challenges to bring world-class solutions to our customers and make technology accessible to everyone. Our environment will provide you what you need to realize your full potential at Dell.
Dell Enterprise Solutions Group is looking for talented SW development professionals to contribute to the development of an Enterprise IT management platform aimed at simplifying Enterprise datacenter IT operations by automating infrastructure and workload provisioning and comprehensive lifecycle management.
We are hiring a SW Systems Engineer to deliver E2E business solutions to Enterprise customers interested in our innovative systems management platform. Solutions will ensure seamless integration with associated converged infrastructure architectures, to include; the latest in enterprise server, storage & networking & existing cloud software platforms.
Successful candidates are those who are excited about taking on the challenges of developing next-generation IT solutions and participating on a team that measures its release cycles in weeks not years. Must be an excellent team player, yet capable of working independently
* Participates with Enterprise customers in the strategic DC design discussions and translates business needs into technical systems solutions .
* Responsible for on-site installation, configuration, & optimization of Dell and multi-vendor systems solutions, which may include server, storage, and networking hardware & software.
* Responsible technical accuracy and completeness of resultant integrated systems designs.
* Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) support to the sales organization and contribute to bid / RFP / RFQ responses as required
* Demonstrate deep hands on expertise in the implementation of Microsoft virtualization environments: Microsoft Windows Virtualization (Hyper-V) and Clustering, Microsoft Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Virtual Machines., & Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) as well as vmware virtualization environments: ESXi, vRealize, vCloud Air.
* Participates in product development in all stages including planning, design, & development, testing while providing feedback pertaining to the customer implementation of converged infrastructure solutions supporting private and public cloud environments.
* Execute given assignments in a self-directed manner , anticipate issues, and modify procedures as necessary.
* Improves architecture by tracking emerging technologies; evaluating their applicability to business goals and operational requirements.
Required Experience and Education:
* A Bachelors or Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
* 6 years hands-on experience implementing & managing the lifecycles of Hybrid (on & off premise) Cloud infrastructure (physical and virtual) environments.
* 2 years direct customer consulting experience, including project delivery within a multi-disciplinary team.
* Deep technical expertise in IaaS: Red Hat (OpenStack), VMware (vRealize) and Microsoft (Azure IaaS & System Center environments.
* Experience with cloud deployment/configuration tools/software (e.g. Ansible, Salt, Chef, Razor, Puppet)
* Working understanding of data center protocols including: CIFS, NFS FC, FCoE, and iSCSI storage protocols; DNS, DHCP, PXE, LDAP, TCP/IP, and basic networking concepts around switching and routing.
* Deep knowledge of Microsoft virtualization environments: Microsoft Windows Virtualization (Hyper-V) and Clustering, Microsoft Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Virtual Machines., & Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM)
* Working knowledge of scripting and automation technologies, such as PowerShell, Python, and DSC Demonstrated ability to transition customer projects to reusable IP
* Confident in briefing and / or presenting to customers (to IT manager level); sales teams and management
* Passion for providing a superior customer experience.
* Utilization of REST APIs
* Dell Enterprise, Server, Storage and Networking platforms
* General networking experience w/ vlans, port-channels, Layer 3 routing, DCB
* Experience with converged infrastructure architectures
* Familiarity with infrastructure automation
* Experience working with an agile methodology on large scale, technically complex projects
* VMware vSAN, vDS, & NSX
* Deep knowledge of VMware ESXi clusters and Vcenter
* MS Storage Spaces
* Must be self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
* Ability to understand and communicate technical issues and ability to work with diverse teams
**Job:** **Software Systems Engr-SW Engr*
**Organization:** **Infrastructure Solutions Group*
**Title:** *Software Sys Senior Engineer - Round Rock, TX*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *16000S6N*