Our client designs, builds, and operates the world's largest fleet of earth observation satellites. As a software system validation engineer, you will be responsible for developing manual & automated end-to-end test cases for the software system, from user signup and administration, to our data products (both API and UI), to our core services and the data pipeline through which satellite imagery from the world's largest earth observation satellite fleet flows. You will be collaborating with various engineering teams to build and execute comprehensive test plans to validate end-to-end integration, load, and stress of this software system. You will work with the customer success team to validate the user experience. We are looking for someone who is passionate about the practice of verification and validation and be willing to educate other members and advocate best practices.Your responsibilities would include:
We expect the Software System Validation Engineer to make excellent technical decisions in the context of system-wide engineering trade-offs. You should be willing to drive cross-system improvement and iteration, as well as delivering top-quality results, develop testing standards and practices, and contributing to the professional development of yourself and team members. Your responsibilities would include:
The Must Haves:
- Develop test plans and automate test suites working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Build and maintain software tools to support these processes.
- Collaborate in cross-functional teams to validate and improve the software systems.
- Implement metrics to track and improve software quality and maturity, including test coverage and risk assessments.
- Proven history of thinking through complex, interdisciplinary problems and debugging to identify and correct root cause
- Experience with verification and validation of software systems in a virtual environment
- Experience with continuous integration, automated testing, and build systems
- Working experience with Jenkins
- Knowledge of industry standards for software quality practices
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes
- Programming experience with Golang
- Aerospace experiences
- Contribution to open source projects
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.