GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Responsible for providing expert software technical support and maintenance for GEHC customers in regards to PACS Technology. Provides support to customers experiencing technical difficulties, while displaying indepth technical knowledge of Software Products (e.g., M, Visual Basic, Client/Server) and of operating systems. Works on a team, mentors others, and achieves defined goals. Effectively communicates technical issues. Follows procedures for reporting application bugs and updating.
1. Use advanced troubleshooting techniques and programming skills to make needed modifications to customer database to ensure information integrity for the customer.
2. Use advanced troubleshooting techniques and programming skills to analyze and resolve customer issues as assigned in compliance with the standard turn-around time or project milestones.
3. Use standard utilities and programming skills, delivering software to customer sites from GEHC standard version libraries.
4. Update GEHC system with resolution status.
5. Support product or application with little or no assistance, while maintaining a high level of quality following all GEHC department standards.
6. Implement quality solutions at client sites.
7. Understand and follow corporate, divisional, and departmental standards.
8. Adhere to and advance the use of GEHC coding conventions, debugging techniques, tools, and documentation.
9. Assist in conducting business evaluations and document findings in the agreed upon turn-around times.
10. Serve as an escalation point within the team to increase knowledge and decrease escalations.
11. Act as a resource, coach, and mentor as applicable, including serving as a functional resource to staff and customers.
12. Identify knowledge gaps and trends to develop training and build the skills of fellow engineers.
13. Specify, set up, code, and process complex conversion and interfaces for assigned clients as applicable, meeting all project plan dates set.
14. May write or contribute user/technical documentation and case notes.
15. Meet with customers as necessary, analyze their needs, and provide insight into products and their functionality.
16. May be required to work overtime, on-call, weekends, and holidays.
17. Identify and report any personal quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
18. Ensure timely dispatch closure.
19. Ensure completion of all field modifications instructions (FMI's) within prescribed timeframe.
20. Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible.
21. Ensure flexibility to provide onsite support, as needed.
22. Provide advanced customer support in 24x7 environments.
1. Bachelor's Degree or Associates and 1 year of progressive experience within technical service role or equivalent (defined as High School Diploma/GED and 4 years progressive experience within technical service role: software, hardware, networks databases, and/or desktops.
2. Computer skills to include knowledge of software programing and database applications
3. Ability to work independently with minimum direction
4. Effective communication skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with cross-functional teams
5. Must be located in the Richmond, VA area
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT or related field.
2. Knowledge and experience with the healthcare industry.
3. Strong customer-service skills.
4. Highly motivated team-player.
5. Prior project or technical leadership experience.
6. Demonstrated ability to train/mentor peers.
7. Ability to stay calm in pressurized situations and coach people through solving problems.
8. Ability to drive improvements in efficiency.
9. Knowledge of GEHC products preferred.
10. Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
11. Networking ability.
12. Green Belt certified.
Locations: United States; Virginia; Richmond VA area
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.