At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
To undertake such a huge task, we need motivated people who want to make a difference. Right now, we are seeking a Solar Electrician that will be a solid contributor within Vivint Solar. The Solar Electrician is responsible for installing, maintaining and troubleshooting electrical components of our residential solar projects. In this role, you will report directly to a Crew Foreman or Operations Manager within the Field Operations group.
- Install electrical systems that interconnect our solar array to the grid power of our customer's residential property
- Ensure work performed by all electricians is of good workmanship and compliant with current NEC and local codes
- Troubleshoot system problems and resolve electrical issues
- Work with the Operations Manager and home owners to fulfill any necessary system upgrades/repairs to support our solar equipment
- Work with local Inspectors to satisfy local requirements and expectations
- Interface with Electrical Manager to ensure compliance with ratios and continuing education requirements
- Train, mentor and develop Electrical Apprentices
- Maintain high quality control on tools, vehicles and materials needed for job responsibilities
- Keep accurate records of material used and proper documentation on work orders relating to the installation
- Maintain compliance to all PPE and safety regulations per OSHA and Vivint Solar standards
- Perform other needed job tasks as requested by leadership
- Experience with electrical installation, troubleshooting and repair
- Ability to perform advanced electrical calculations
- Understanding of wire and conduit sizing as well as how to make adjustments for environmental factors
- Ability to read and interpret one line drawings and electrical schematics
- Knowledge of the 2011 NEC and the ability to navigate the guidelines
- Above average computer skills
- Must be willing to work in high places (our installations are on rooftops)
- 4+ years of electrical installation and repair experience
- Working knowledge of the usage of a volt meter
- Working knowledge and experience replacing residential electrical services and distribution panels
- Active Journeyman (or Master) Electrician certification within the sate is preferred
Employees of Vivint Solar must submit to a criminal history check, motor vehicles check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar, an equal opportunity employer, does not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans.