At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
Vivint Solar is seeking a Regional Manager of Field Service to join the Fleet Performance to lead field service for Vivint Solar's East Coast fleet of operational systems. This individual's primary focus is to oversee and ensure field work is being executed with excellence in a distributed, process based O&M organization. The Regional Service Manager will be responsible for maximizing service efficiency, customer satisfaction, and energy generation by developing and leading the East Coast team of service technicians. The Fleet Performance group is part of Asset Management and is responsible for ensuring the availability and performance of the operational fleet of Vivint Solar PV systems under long-term contracts with homeowners.
You'll change the world by...
- Directly hire, train, supervise and lead an interstate team of technicians to provide best-in-class troubleshooting, maintenance, and customer service
- Perform service on residential PV systems including advanced troubleshooting of system issues, underperformance evaluation and root cause assessment
- Support ongoing development of field service standard operating procedures
- Maintain ownership of field service effectiveness within operational region as evaluated by key performance indicators (KPI's)
- Set, track, and manage achievement of KPI's on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Actively communicate with field service techs, Vivint Solar installation offices, corporate operations center, and management
- Support development of special project initiatives relating to analytics and performance optimization
- Develop, implement, and maintain safety programs for field service technicians
- Host regular webinars/calls (correlation meeting(s) with field service technicians, Fleet Performance team members, and Asset Management
- Support ongoing development of schedule optimization to maximize efficiency and reduce costs
- Develop inventory forecasting and supply processes to manage and account for consumables
- Conduct meetings with vendors to find cost efficient supplies to stock regional needs
- Provide excellent customer service 100% of the time
You'll do that with your...
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Proficient with solar specific National Electric Code Requirements
- Capable of collaborating and communicating with management remotely
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and solve problems real-time
- Understands how to maintain accountability
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Candidates must have a clean driving record
- Requires travel approximately 30% annually around east coast region
- Requires physical activity including being able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires construction type work including ladders and working on roof tops at heights
You'll know you're ready if you have...
- Minimum 3 years of electrical installation or construction experience of which a minimum 2 years of solar specific installation and/or service experience is required
- Journeyman electrician license required (master electrician or equivalent strongly preferred)
- B.S. Degree strongly preferred (Engineering, Construction Management, or other technical degree)
- Construction or project management experience required
- Experience with electric meters and test equipment
- Experience with fall protection and OSHA safety requirements preferred
- Understanding of wireless networks and troubleshooting practices
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and capable of learning new software applications quickly
Employees of Vivint Solar must submit to a criminal history check, motor vehicles check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. We, an equal opportunity employer, do not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.