We are looking for an experienced Solution Architect to lead our Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) platform development. Successful candidates will:
* Engage with business and technology leaders to understand business operations, processes, and team members as a foundation for designing robust technology solutions.
* Leverage systems thinking, iterative design, and emerging architecture to ensure technical solutions are continuously positioned to maximize business value.
* Work collaboratively with globally distributed software development team and third party vendors with the goal of maximizing throughput, product quality, and business value.
* Develop requirements and design for technical enablers of business capabilities
* Define DevOps strategy and oversee development and improvement of continuous integration and continuous delivery pipeline.
* Drive short and long term architecture strategy for Mechanical - Condition Based Maintenance Systems.
* Lead and participate in both technical and non-technical discussions with the business customer and the development team.
* Lead and participate in work estimation and release planning/scoping.
* Perform design and code reviews for other members of the Development team.
* Make technical design recommendations and improvements.
* Recommend and mentor other developers in application design utilizing the appropriate design patterns.
* Determine flaws in existing applications/designs and propose alternatives. Must be able to quickly identify the source of issues and resolve them in the proper way.
* Have a solid understanding of development platforms, tools and concepts including messaging, complex event processing, service oriented architecture, micro-services, and structured and non-structured database management systems.
* Absorb new ideas and technologies quickly and apply these technologies to a problem or domain balancing time to market and long-term extensibility considerations.
* Participate in special initiatives such as technology evaluation, prototyping, security and internal audits.
* Effectively multitask between different projects.
* Coordinate customer acceptance testing and ensure customer satisfaction through timely resolution of issues, regular status reports, and continuous communication.
* Understand and adhere to the Technology Services infrastructure and inter-relationships.
* At least 10 years of practical experience in end to end system development
* At least 3 years of practical experience in developing business solutions that leverage Rules Engines, Complex Event Processing, and Enterprise Service Bus capabilities
* At least 3 years of experience leading onshore/offshore development teams through the application development lifecycle.
* Ability to interface and work with varied positions and levels of technical knowledge both within the department and with other departments inside and outside the company.
* Designing and developing high performance, high availability, efficient and scalable systems/applications.
* Experience working with development teams using an Agile development methodology.
* Analysis and design experience using OO concepts and design patterns.
* BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, and/or five or more years of equivalent on the job technical experience.
* Experienced in the design and development of Web Services.
* Experience with event-driven architecture and development.
* Experience with open source streaming technology platforms
* 5 or more years of railroad/transportation related experience.
The duties and responsibilities in this posting are representative categories to be used in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general categories do not necessarily constitute an exhaustive list of duties of the position.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.