Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you'll find yourself in the company of some of the industry's smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Solution Architect - Advanced Analytics
This individual will be responsible for architecting, prototyping solutions for next-gen Business use cases using Advanced analytic and Real-time Data solutions. Discover is revamping its traditional analytics and data stack into a next-gen ecosystem built on Real-time and Open source analytic tools. This individual needs to demonstrate both the breadth and depth of knowledge in terms of the evolving Big Data landscape and developing modern cloud based business solutions.Responsibilities:
- Deliver on Advanced analytics strategy, ranging from architecting Open source based Big data-analytic tools and building integrated solutions that meet enterprise needs
- Partner with the Product managers and owners to understand business requirements and develop architecture patterns that can be built by the engineers
- Build a culture of learning and innovation with the ability to learn new data technologies / practices and spearheading adoption within the organization
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in technology communities and act as an internal mentor to users of these platforms
- Embrace innovation, implement cutting edge technologies and align solution to meet our customer needs
- Proven track record of mentoring team in adopting new technologies
- Proficiency with Cloud technologies and concepts, Real-time analytics , Streaming data platform and machine learning tools
- Experience migrating traditional architectures to next-gen data-analytic technology solutions
Skills Basic qualifications:
- At least 3 years' experience working in software, data or architecture role
- Hands-on experience building prototypes , MVP solutions using modern Data-analytic tools
- Experience architecting Real-time solution to enable business capabilities
- 2+ years' experience working with AWS or other cloud providers
- 2+ years' experience in Financial services
- Building data-analytic solutions leveraging technologies including Hadoop, Spark, NIFI, Kafka, Python, R
- Coding experience on next-gen data tools such as Spark, Hive, Python is a plus
- Hands-on experience integrating open source components into data-analytic solutions
- Working with vendors to enhance tool capabilities to meet enterprise needs
- Experience working on Hadoop, Spark and real-time analytic frameworks
- Excellent communication/ influencing skills and ability to navigate through matrixed, integrated organizational charts and reach out to various constituent groups.
- Demonstrated ability to driving change; Ability to take an organization through transition. Ability to clearly communicate, persuade and influence a wide group of people, including Senior Management
- Pro-active and creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to articulate strong and well-founded points of view and effectively communicate them to all levels of the organization - senior management, peers and subordinates.
- Flexibility and capacity to work effectively across functional silos and departmental lines.
- Experience in analytical projects management and team leadership.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
#LI-KE We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.