The Microsoft Data Insights Consulting Practice is looking for a Solution Architect (DIGD) with deep experience enabling commercial solutions with data platform, analytics and integrated data. The role requires a broad range of industry knowledge and a minimum of 5 years' implementation experience. The ideal candidate has a background developing and shipping production solutions at enterprise scale, for both, commercial and public customers.
Data Insights Solution Architect:
• must apply advanced analysis skills and experience in principals of the analytics solution engineering to provide detailed reliable solutions and estimates for service implementations
• understands competitive and open source technology in order to properly assess customer solutions hosted on non-Microsoft platforms - advanced domain knowledge in one or more vertical industry is also an asset, Solution Architects are expected to gain and maintain effective product group relationships
• helps customer account teams identify, pursue and close strategic business development opportunities while continually driving add-on business within existing projects – to accomplish this, Solution Architects must be effective in fostering executive level relationships
• plays a key role in employing, leveraging partners and Global Delivery as part of the overall Microsoft services delivery model
• helps translate business requirements into technology requirements for inclusion in contracts and/or statements of work (SOW).
• assists in contract negotiations
• have a passion for the customer which is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience
• Proven experience estimating, scoping, and writing effective statements of work that clearly set expectations and limit risk
• Demonstrated excellence at presenting complex development topics to both executive and technical personnel
• An ability to articulate architectural differences between solution methods and the challenges and approaches to integrating solutions built on different platforms including a working knowledge of different architectural frameworks that may be used by our customers
• Working knowledge of specialized tools and solution providers whether they be Microsoft partners or competitors
• Knowledge of full application life cycle design tools and methodologies
• Exceptional demonstrated consulting skills
• Large enterprise or commercial deployment experience in complex heterogeneous environments
• Ability to move between high level architectural review/design and the "roll up the sleeves" level of actually doing all phases of an application delivery project
Technical skills required:
• End-to-end Microsoft BI stack: SQL Server, Azure SQL DB, Azure DW, Azure ML, Analytics Platform Server, HD Insight, Stream Insight, SharePoint BI, PowerPivot, PowerView, Excel
• ETL technologies: at least one of the following: SSIS, Talend, Pentaho, Informatica, etc
• Data Science and Analytical tools, languages, or libraries: SAS, SPSS, R, Mahout, MatLab)
• Big Data stack: MapReduce, Hadoop, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Hbase, Flume
• High-scale or distributed RDBMS (PDW, RedShift, Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data, Vertica)
• Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Azure, Amazon Web Services EC2, Elastic MapReduce) and considerations for scalable, distributed systems
Please note that extensive travelling (local and international) is an integral part of the role and may take up to 50-70% of your working time.
One Microsoft, One Services
Microsoft Services, is dedicated to delivering on Microsoft's mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As one of the largest divisions inside Microsoft – with over 21,500 employees worldwide – the diverse team includes architects, consultants, support professionals, sales, and business leaders who serve customers in 191 countries and 46 languages. Simply put, we help customers get the most out of their technology investments. We are proud to be the face of Microsoft to many of our customers and partners. The power of that connection, in addition to understanding how they use our products, helps us deliver the voice of our customers back to our business groups to make our technology and Microsoft even better.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. Join an international work environment that is characterized by flexibility, an informal atmosphere, and a fast pace. We offer competitive pay and a wide range of benefits. Microsoft acknowledges your performance by investing in your health and financial future and by ensuring your work-life-balance.
Microsoft’s privacy statement can be viewed on the following web page: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-gb/privacystatement
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.