Oracle Public Cloud is experiencing significant growth resulting in rapid expansion of the underlying network infrastructure to support that growth. Our team is building a suite of solutions to facilitate secure interconnects with customers and network service providers.
We are looking for network infrastructure engineers with a strong background in internet transit and peering, WAN technologies and solving complex connectivity problems to enhance and improve the ways our customers connect to Oracle Cloud services.
Working alongside a team of network architects network engineers and software developers, you will have the opportunity to create and deliver a fully automated interconnect service and partner ecosystem at global scale.
As part of a global team of network architects, you will leverage your experience in working with Internet service providers, carriers, internet exchanges and cloud exchanges to create the service architecture for the interconnect solutions as well and work with the backbone engineers to influence the optimal transit and peering strategy. The role involves working with multiple providers and partners over the entire life-cycle to build the technical requirements, service design, implementation architecture, turn up and termination processes as well as creating the appropriate documentation and processes for ongoing enhancements. As the subject matter expert in this area, you will work with sales engineers, solution architects as well as customers and partners to enhance the customer experience as it relates to connectivity for customers.
There are no dearth of challenges and opportunities are plentiful to apply your network infrastructure engineering knowledge towards creating highly scalable and and advanced interconnect ecosystem at global scale.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Strong background in network engineering with at least 5 years in backbone network engineering and administration of service provider networks.
- Deep knowledge of IP Networking, datacenter network technologies, packet forwarding architectures and internet routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, ISIS MPLS, GRE, IPSec, VxLAN, Dot1Q, QinQ, 40G/100G futures, DNS, HTTP, netflow/Jflow etc)
- Significant BGP design and implementation experience with focus on internet peeriing, traffic engineering and policy based routing.
- Expert level knowledge of Layer2 and Layer3 interenetworking technologies and significant experience with MPLS provider networks in multiple capacities - as a user as well as provider.
- Experience with optical technologies, DWDM, building global and regional backbone infrastructure.
- Experience working iwth customers or partners to provide innovative solutions to complex connectivity needs.
- We treat infrastructure as code - software development or scripting knowledge will be a significant advantage.
- CCIE / JNCIE certifications or equivalents
- Experience in working with global service providers in across multiple technical and operational areas
- Ability to accomplish goals independently - highly result oriented.
- Strong documentation and presentation skills - internal and external
- A strong team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.