Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Corporate IT Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, Indiana for a Solution Architect-Oracle EBS.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Responsible for assessing, defining and championing the IT architecture strategies, principles, policies and standards in alignment with the IT strategy and governing their use; coordinates with project teams to create, document, assess and/or validate the application and infrastructure solution designs for specific systems.
Responsible for the research, evaluation, and selection of application, technology, and infrastructure standards.
- Leads the analysis of the technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Creates project and technology roadmaps and define migration plans to mitigate the gaps between the current and future state.
- Develops standards for the specific function or technology domain and defines design patterns and configurations that can be reused as building blocks for other solutions.
Leads and facilitates the creation of governing principles to manage change and guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
- Ensures coherence and completeness across all Cummins Technology Reference Model (CTRM) disciplines.
- Maintains positive relationships with IT and business leaders to effectively promote and communicate IT architecture value proposition.
- Collaborates with IT stakeholders to apply IT strategy to architecture future state architecture and develops roadmaps to realize future state.
- Defines and ensures effective metrics to measure standards adoption, reuse, and demonstrate value.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technology and software trends focused on driving comparative advantage for CMI.
- Cultivates strong relationships with industry experts; participates and may present at conferences and round tables.
- Performs complex cost/benefit analysis when researching future state capabilities.
- Coaches and mentors less senior Architects.
- Collaborates with project teams to understand requested capabilities and recommends the right set of technologies to meet the needs.
- Provides infrastructure capacity recommendations for new applications and systems.
- Lifecycle Management - The management of an IT Asset or component from inception throughout its useful life. The Planning phase decides to Replace or add new, Re-engineer, Retire, or Retain/Maintain it.
- Solution Design The activities involved in conceptualizing, defining, architecting, and ultimately designing complex systems.
- Appling Standards to Solutions - Able to apply industry and internal IT standards to solutions and to assess compliance of a solution against industry and internal IT standards.
- System Development Methodologies - Able to apply industry defined development techniques to create or modify IT solutions.
- Research - Able to conduct a process of steps used to collect and analyze information to increase our understanding of a topic or issue.
- Modeling - The ability to represent information following a defined standard, using a combination of graphical and textual elements. The ability to choose the correct type of model for a particular set of information, depending on the type of information to be communicated as well as the audience who will consume the information.
- Relationship Management - Creates relationships with new acquaintances quickly and confidently; works to build trust and partner with stakeholders; successfully manages both internal and external relationships (e.g., vendor relationships); is comfortable in a challenger role that, at times, requires building constructive tension in interactions.
- Influence - Applies different approaches to convince others to change their opinion or plan, and wins support from others for ideas; is able to build support with peers without direct lines of reporting across a matrix organization.
- Decision Making - Considers the relative benefits and costs of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one; acts decisively and swiftly; identifies problems and drives toward solutions; takes on responsible roles and accountability for outcomes even when things go wrong; is comfortable making difficult decisions.
- Lead the solution architecture design on Cummins projects and programs
- Support BUs by conveying industry trends, enterprise technology strategy and define technical solutions which meet the business requirement and deliver reference architecture as needed.
- Design innovative solutions to business problems and enhancement requests, taking full account of existing system design constraints.
- Conduct architecture impact analysis of identified changes by business and ensure optimal solution selection for business process improvements.
- Work with enterprise architects, project teams, functional and technical analysts to design solution architecture that meets operational requirements and is scalable, easily maintained, secure and highly available.
- Ensure solutions are production ready and meet the organization standards and partner with the project teams to oversee the implementation of the solution.
- Work with other Architects and Project Teams to facilitate alignment among architecture decisions
- Identify and share best-practice knowledge amongst the other Cummins Solutions architect community
- Develop and produce Architecture artifacts, technical designs, strategy documents and other technical artifacts.
- Facilitate and manage evaluations and proof of concept activities as subject matter expert.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Work with internal and external Oracle technical resources, and assist in managing technical and functional changes associated with Oracle EBS and ERP projects
- Provide expertise to ensure realization of changes and enhancements to the implemented Oracle systems, and assisting with architecture needs of the Oracle E-Business Suite applications, components, extensions, integrations and reports.
- Provide support for the overall solution design and configuration of Oracle E-Business Suite, how it interacts with other integrated systems, custom extensions and reports, integration components, reports and dashboards components.
- Extensive experience on Oracle Applications R12
- Knowledge on one or more - Master Planning & Production Scheduling, Supply Action Management, Aggregate Supply Planning, Sales & Operations Planning, Demand Planning etc.
- Experience with Implementing EBS, solid knowledge of Sourcing and Procurement
- Knowledge of one or more - Oracle Cost Management (CST), Oracle Inventory (INV), and Oracle Order Management (OM), Oracle Financials (AR, AP, GL, FA)
College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required. Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.