Position: Consulting Technical Manager (individual contributor)
Oracle Field Service Cloud
is the leading global provider of Cloud-based mobile workforce management applications for large enterprises. Its patented platform improves customer service while dramatically reducing operational costs to provide immediate ROI through on-demand tools with real-time planning, routing, dispatching and tracking of workers in the field. As the industry's only solution using predictive, time-based analytics and performance pattern recognition, Oracle Field Service Cloud gives its clients reduced customer wait times while increasing field workforce efficiency. Oracle Field Service Cloud was named a Visionary for three years running in Gartner's annual Magic Quadrant.
The primary focus of this position is to partner with Oracle Field Service Cloud's management, customer operations, professional services and sales teams and provide technical solutions for client and prospect needs while maintaining the technical integrity of Oracle Field Service Cloud solutions. The Consulting Technical Manager will directly participate in client and prospect meetings providing pre-sales support to our US and EU sales teams, present the company's solution to C-level decision-making teams. The Consulting Technical Manager will be expected to interactively come up with technical strategies that meet client needs, appropriate technical fit and are consistent with Oracle Field Service Cloud platform capabilities and then present a solution that meets the customer's requirements. The Consulting Technical Manager will be involved in the estimation, planning, analysis, design, and implementation of the various projects that result from client interactions during the lifecycle of the Oracle Field Service Cloud software product.
Using a consultative approach, the Consulting Technical Manager will cultivate customer relationships, manage expectations and communicate comprehensive solutions that best leverage the value that Oracle Field Service Cloud's technology brings to the customer. The Consulting Technical Manager will be the "go-to" technical member of the team who, working closely with the sales team, will build the initial momentum for Oracle Field Service Cloud's products. Responsibilities:
- Participate as a member of the sales team to meet with customer representatives and assist the customer in identifying and assessing its business and system requirements
- Present current baseline technical capabilities of Oracle Field Service Cloud platform to clients, and actively lead defining the technical approaches to solving client's business needs
- Prepare and deliver face-to-face or web-based professional software demonstrations, presentations and product briefings to C-level decision-making customer team
- Assist sales team in writing, preparation and delivery of solution proposals, RFIs, and RFPs to the customer
- Assist potential customers with software evaluations and proof-of-concepts and actively participate in the implementation of Oracle Field Service Cloud pilots
- Mentor customers' IT organizations and system integrators on adherence to Oracle Field Service Cloud's design and architecture guidelines
- Serve as liaison between the sales, technical and support teams
- Work with Oracle Field Service Cloud's clients and with Oracle Field Service Cloud's technology center to produce Business Requirements Specifications and Solution Scoping Documents
- Review and approve the detailed technical designs produced by the technology center
- Provide customer training and participate in initial implementations
- Assist in Customer Support escalations and problem resolution.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's preferred.
- 5 plus years as Solutions Architect/Solution Manager/Sr. Business Systems Analyst in a SaaS environment.
- 5 years of experience in an enterprise software pre-sales, post-sales, professional services or related role
- Strong implementation and interface development experience
- Technical consultants who have experience with Field Service Management or Workforce Management solutions such as: TOA Technologies (now Oracle Field Service Cloud), Oracle Siebel Field Service, ServiceMax, ClickSoftware, SAP Field Service, IFS, ServicePower, Astea, PTC, or others.
- Keen desire and enthusiasm to assist prospects in understanding the value proposition of the technology and helping customers improve their business processes. Demonstrated Passion, Enthusiasm and Sincerity about serving the customer.
- Applied skills in critical thinking and analysis, meeting facilitation, outstanding verbal and written communications and interpersonal interactions (e.g., partnering, conflict management, consulting, etc.).
- The ability to prioritize assigned work to deliver high-quality, on-time, on budget, successful implementations.
- A high sense of time, urgency and motivation to get the job done with the ability to quickly learn the business.
- Experience researching client and industry-related business/technical processes and incorporating that research into an implementation.
- The utmost integrity, honesty and confidentiality in all matters pertaining to the conduct of business operations.
- Self-starter initiative, required to assume a leadership role with our team in supporting our technical efforts.
- Experience in developing event-driven and service-oriented architectures
- Experience with various enterprise messaging technologies
- Knowledge of and experience in SaaS-based mobile workforce applications
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
As a recognized authority and leading contributor within their practice, this senior-level consulting position provides consistent high quality and innovative solution leadership to a project team. Leads the solution design and implementation aspects of engagement(s) ensuring high quality, integrated software solutions within constraints of time and budget.
Analyzes business needs to help ensure Oracle solution meets the customer's objectives by combining industry best practices, product knowledge, and business acumen. Exercises judgment and business acumen in selecting methods and techniques to deliver functional and technical solutions on non-routine and very complex aspects of applications and technology installations. Provides direction and mentoring to project teams, and effectively influences customer leadership on key decisions. Supports the business development efforts by pursuing new opportunities and extensions. Collaborates with the consulting sales team by providing domain expertise. Resolves complex customer issues by recommending and implementing solutions. Demonstrates expertise in multiple business processes across two or more product families or ability to architect and design technology solutions encompassing multiple products and make decisions based on impact across the stack.
8-10 years of experience relevant to this position including 4 years of consulting experience. Prior team leadership or management experience preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience preferred. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to build rapport with team members and clients. Strong influencing and negotiation skills. Ability to travel as needed.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.