Solution Manager – Service Provider, Virtual & Cloud Native Infrastructure Solutions, Round Rock, TX or Santa Clara, CA
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 160011SQ
*Solution Manager – Service Provider, Virtual & Cloud Native Infrastructure Solutions, Round Rock, TX or Santa Clara, CA*
An exciting opportunity for a self-starter to join a growing team with a charter to develop, sell, and deploy solutions to the fastest growing segment within the information technology market - Service Providers.
The Solution Manager role is two-fold. First, the Solution Manager will develop a deep understanding of the needs of service providers involved in various stages of implementing the server, storage, and networking building blocks needed to deliver virtualized and solutions. The role encompasses interaction with all Service Providers, including Communications Service Providers (ie, Telco), Managed Service Providers, Hosting companies, Content Delivery Networks, Cloud providers and Consumer/Enterprise Web Technology providers. The ideal candidate will have some base experience in one or more of these areas as an employee in a Service Provider and/or a vendor that focuses on services providers in this space.
In addition to firsthand experience, the Solution Manager will round out a perspective of the market via a combination of third-party research, investment in primary research, methodical engagement with field resources calling upon Service Provider customers, and direct customer interaction. Through this, the Solution Manager will be “the” subject matter expert for virtual infrastructure and cloud native infrastructure within Dell: understanding current customers, competitors, and partners within the market; speaking and incorporating the nomenclature of the service provider segment in all output; and sub-segmentation of Dell EMC and partner technologies for service providers.
The second part of the Solution Manager role is development of the solutions roadmap for virtual and cloud native infrastructture. Solutions will consist of Dell enterprise hardware and software assets, services (via Dell and third-parties), and specific offerings from a select group of technology partners. As such, the Solution Manager will have an in-depth knowledge of Dell’s server, storage, networking and software portfolio with the ability to drive influence into the product management process of that portfolio. In addition, the Solution Manager will maintain an inventory of third-party offerings from various technology partners with a distinct value proposition and work to incorporate into Dell EMC technology roadmap. This partner set will be diverse in terms of their size (start-ups to Fortune 500), their technology focus (software to hardware), and their geographical location.
The Solution Manager will follow an Offer Lifecycle Process in adding solutions to the roadmap. This entails the formulation of concept charters that clearly identify the basis for competitive differentiation, business case (inclusive of both investment and revenue), and the necessary competitive and intra-line positioning to allow the Solutions Marketing team to execute the go-to-market activities. Solutions on the roadmap will also undergo a definition process that clearly calls out details of the specific components at a sufficient level of detail to enable a field resource to respond to and RFI/RFQ/RFP.
* Bachelor Degree or Higher
* 5 years of experience in the service provider marketplace (as either customer or vendor)
* 5 years in product management and/or solutions management, preferably in Data Center infrastructure
* Strategic analysis, communication and business modeling skills
* Technical understanding of the core hardware elements of an enterprise data center (i.e. compute, networking, and storage) and the software/hardware ecosystem that supports infrastructure virtualization
* History of directly supporting sales resource in the field and incorporating their feedback to refine offerings.
* Proven track record in managing complex matrices
* Experience and understanding of the growing influence and role that open source (hardware, like OCP and TIP; software, like ONF, Openstack, OSM, Open-O, Kubernetes) plays in infrastructure solutions development
* Attention to detail balanced with high level process overview/improvements
* Business Acumen (understanding of the sales cycle)
* Solid understanding of corporate customers - and the way they procure and consume IT
* Proven track record of presenting directly to executive and C-level customers
/With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success./
*/Why work with us?/*
- /Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology./
- /When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution./
- /Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships./
- /We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential./
- /Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.**/
/Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages./
**Job:** **Product Marketing*
**Organization:** **Commercial Sales and Enterprise Solutions*
**Title:** *Solution Manager – Service Provider, Virtual & Cloud Native Infrastructure Solutions, Round Rock, TX or Santa Clara, CA*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *160011SQ*