Modern Workplace (SSSP) is responsible for positioning, crafting and selling our Modern Workplace solutions to targeted Microsoft Customers, specifically our customers in the US Federal Civilian Agencies. You will develop deep relationships with local Microsoft account teams and build strong customer relationships with key decision makers to target cloud-based solutions that address the primary business objectives of our US Federal Civilian Agency Customers. You will help customers realize value by accelerating sales, driving deployment, securing adoption and ensuring consumption by designing cloud-based solutions for our customers. The Modern Workplace SSSP plays a critical role in driving Microsoft’s Public Cloud, Hybrid Cloud and Private Cloud Solutions aligned to customer strategic priorities. Specific technologies include O365, SharePoint Online and Skype for Business.
The SSSP role is responsible for Opportunity Management (50%), Relationship Management (20%), Business Management (20%), and Planning Management (10%).
This role requires a seasoned solution sales professional with a deep understanding of solution sales and the ability to solve customer business needs through the innovative application of cloud-based business solutions. Broad industry knowledge with the US Federal Government (Federal Government, DOD, Federal Civilian) is required along with a deep understanding of the technology platform and how to design solutions based on the Microsoft Cloud. Proven experience in driving complex solution sales in a competitive environment against industry competitors is required. Candidates will engage with US Federal Government customers working with senior Business Decision Makers (BDMs) and Technical Decision Makers (TDMs). Candidates must be able to build trusted relationships, to understand customer business strategies, to position Microsoft cloud-based solutions, to present business value and return on investment (ROI), and new business strategies while being able to demonstrate value and impact of a Microsoft cloud-based solutions. The successful candidate must have proven experience in driving complex competitive solution sales scenarios, working in a matrix environment, and leading opportunities to closure. Candidates must be comfortable shaping the solution vision and working with Architects, Engagement Managers and Project Managers to define the overall scope of work across Strategy, Consulting and Support.
This role requires an individual who is results-oriented, proactive, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated skills in solution sales. Strong leadership skills, strategic planning, excellent communication, virtual-team engagement, time management, pursuit planning, negotiation skills and presentation skills are essential. An in-depth knowledge of the sales motions that lead to successful deal pursuits combined with a demonstrated track record of closing large consulting/support deals and exceeding annual quota targets is vital. The candidate must have proven experience in selling enterprise solutions in the US Federal Government. Experience with Civilian Agencies is a plus. The candidate must have proven ability in increasing Service footprint at their customers resulting from solid growth plans and strategies. The successful candidate must possess strategic thinking, communication/presentation skills and organizational agility to guide customers through multi-year initiatives.
This role requires strong virtual team influence and integration skills, working with the Account Teams (EPG ATU and STU Teams) as well as Marketing teams to drive demand generation. The candidate must be confident and capable of delivering readiness to sales audiences and be able to represent the business productivity solutions locally inside and outside of Microsoft, as well as be able to speak as a subject matter expert (SME) at industry or customer events.
• Responsible for deal orchestration, deal structure, developing value based propositions, crafting and selling solutions mapped to customer business outcomes.
• Drive pursuit strategies including precise opportunity close plans with the local Services Executive and Account Teams.
• Develop relationships with customer CxO level Business and Technical Decision Makers.
• Drive solution sales scenarios through understanding the customer, the industry, and the competition.
• Map customer business needs to Microsoft solutions providing a differentiating value proposition.
• Ensure opportunities are accurately qualified and mapped to customer budget cycle, aligned with Account Teams and aligned to account plan strategy.
• Orchestrate both Customer and Microsoft key resources in a virtual team environment to define solution vision and achieve desired business outcomes.
• Candidates must have field-based knowledge of competing and winning against solutions and technologies from competitors.
• 5+ years’ experience selling Modern Workplace solutions including: Skype, O365, BOT framework, SharePoint technologies, Windows, & EMS or similar technologies
• 5+ years’ experience selling technology solutions to enterprise customers
• Experience in the following technology solutions is an asset: Office 365, SharePoint Online, and Skype for Business.
• Track record of consistently meeting or exceeding sales targets
• Executes recognized sales methods, processes and tools and has skills in user experience design
• Has deep background in selling both to IT Pros and Business Decision Makers (BDM)
• Bachelor’s degree with exposure to Information Technology (or equivalent)
• Experience selling Professional Services
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.