The Education team is recruiting a Solution Specialist to help support the growth and usage of Microsoft Classroom Collaboration Tools on Windows 10 devices in the classroom. The role of the Education Solution Specialist will be to help drive adoption of Microsoft modern classroom collaboration technologies, specifically Intune for Education, Windows 10 and Office 365 within our K12 customers, enhance client awareness of Microsoft-based industry solutions beyond traditional IT decision makers, support solutions sales to Education customers, and help position Microsoft as a trusted partner for Education industry solutions. The Education Solution Specialist will partner with the local account team to introduce new classroom tools and Windows 10 devices with K12 customers. The role is integral in influencing the future tenders/RFPs and ensuring we are successful in driving our classroom learning solutions and Windows 10 device usage in the classroom. The Solution Specialist will be supporting the account team with direct customer engagement, evangelizing the core features of the Microsoft Education Solution (simple deployment and management, low cost devices and cloud productivity solutions) and driving successful pilots.
Objectives for Solution Specialist:
Drive and scale Windows 10, Office 365 and Intune for Education usage in the classroom through pilots as well as large scale deployments.
Leverage the robust set of Microsoft technologies to grow the share and usage of Microsoft Cloud Technologies in the classroom on low cost Windows 10 devices.
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Accountable for the following:
o Executing Intune for Education
o Healthy pipeline tracking of Windows 10 Devices under $300
o Office 365 Usage in the classroom
- Ensuring successful cross team execution with ATU, CDS and other key Education stakeholders in area
- Drive penetration and adoption of Windows 10 <$300 devices and product attach (Office 365, etc)
- Drive market share growth for Microsoft and Windows 10 Devices
- Ensure proper pipeline hygiene each month, and complete Win/Loss write-ups as applicable
- Act as local influencer within K12 external bodies and in broad forums
- Understand the changing competitive landscape of K12 education and demonstrate how the Microsoft Education Solution supports
- Have deep competitive differentiation understanding & objection handling, to include topics such as modern deployment and management of devices, scalability, security and privacy, and pedagogical impact of technology
• 5+ years of experience in technical pre-sales or technical consulting role.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology
• Needs to have established industry experience, expertise and credentials with customer line of business needs
• 5-7 years of experience in driving Edtech solutions in the classroom
• Great communication skills - being able to present, demonstrate and articulate value propositions to small groups and large audiences in a concise manner
• Significant experience positioning education solutions to education decision makers (hardware, cloud services and software)
• Strong relationship building, collaboration and negotiation skills.
• Deep understanding of the deployment and management of K12 devices in the classroom and teacher needs
Microsoft will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.