Solution Specialist (Device Sales/EDU)
Posted: November 16, 2017
Reference ID: 1081286
The CDS Education team is recruiting a Device Sales professionals to help support the growth and usage of Microsoft Education solutions on Windows 10 devices in the classroom. The role of Education Device Sale will be to help drive adoption of Microsoft modern classroom device technologies, specifically Windows 10 with Intune for Education in our K12 customers, enhance client awareness of Microsoft-based industry solutions beyond traditional IT decision makers, support solutions sales to Education customers, and help position Microsoft as a trusted partner for Education industry solutions. The Education Device Sales team will partner with the local account team Education Solution Specialists to introduce new classroom tools and Windows 10 devices with K12 customers. Additionally, the role will partner with MNA/local OEM partners to drive awareness and trial of third party devices.
The role is integral in influencing the future tenders/RFPs and ensuring we are successful in driving our classroom learning solutions and Windows 10 device usage in the classroom. The Device Sales team will be support the account team with direct customer engagement, evangelizing the core features of the Windows 10 Hero Education device solutions (simple deployment and management, low cost devices and cloud productivity solutions) and driving successful pilots.
Objectives for Education Devices Sales:
• Drive and scale Windows 10 device pipeline through pilots, trials as well as large scale deployments.
• Leverage the robust set of Microsoft technologies to grow the share and usage of Windows 10 devices.
• Identify, target and win a defined set of Windows and compete accounts.
Key Responsibilities for this role:
• Accountable for the following:
o Healthy pipeline tracking of Windows 10 Devices under $300 (2X annual target)
o Proactive proposals leading to trials and pilots of Win 10 devices
o Partnership with MNA/local partners to close Win 10 device deals
o Executing Intune for Education awareness and trial
• Ensuring successful cross team execution with ATU and other key Education stakeholders in area
• Drive penetration and adoption of Windows 10 <$300 devices and product attach (Intune, Office 365, etc)
• Drive market share growth for Microsoft and Windows 10 Devices
• Ensure proper pipeline hygiene each month, and complete Win/Loss write-ups as applicable
• Act as local influencer within K12 external bodies and in broad forums
• Understand the changing competitive landscape of K12 education and demonstrate how the Microsoft Education Solution supports
• Have deep competitive differentiation understanding & objection handling, to include topics such as modern deployment and management of devices, scalability, security and privacy, and pedagogical impact of technology
• 3+ years of device sales experience
• Established device sales experience, expertise and credentials with customer line of business needs
• Ideally 3-5 years of experience in driving Edtech solutions in the classroom
• Great communication skills – being able to present, demonstrate and articulate value propositions to small groups and large audiences in a concise manner
• Significant experience positioning education solutions to education decision makers (hardware, cloud services and software)
• Strong partnering, relationship building, collaboration and negotiation skills.
• Deep understanding of the deployment and management of K12 devices in the classroom and teacher needs
• Awareness of competitive products and landscape
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.