Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, imagining what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations. We deeply care about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
Microsoft continues to invest over $1B per year in cyber security and research, to provide its customers with the solutions to confidently move to the cloud and modernize their platforms by delivering the security solutions, expertise and services needed to keep their data safe. In the Enterprise Cybersecurity Group (ECG), we’re passionate about this mission and the Cybersecurity Sales team is seeking a motivated and self-driven sales professional to fill a key role as an Solution Specialist Enterprise Security. As an Enterprise Security sales leader in your territory, you will lead a virtual team of technical, services, and partner resources to advance the security sales process and achieve/exceed quarterly budget targets. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of developing new business, building strong business relationships, and driving Cybersecurity solutions and partner integration to drive deployments. The ability to effectively present to a wide range and size of audiences from IT Pro, to CxO (primary focus CISO), to business decision makers is a must.
The Solution Specialist Enterprise Security is a sales professional within our enterprise sales organization. This highly-visible role will focus on our US Public Sector accounts (Federal and State and Local Government, as well as Education) including the unique certification and accreditation needs and requirements of this customer space. Additionally, the SSP Enterprise Security will work with account teams to manage the relationship with the CISO in defined accounts, determine and deliver readiness and sales motion strategies for the field seller and specialist community, and work closely with cloud product groups to promote roadmap and timeline accountability for Government Cloud needs. Finally, this individual will drive revenue and market share by providing customers with insights and solutions that help them to confidently and securely move to the cloud by working across both the Sales and Services organizations to pull together offerings that promote goals of accelerating customer adoption of the Microsoft Cloud, upgrading to the most advanced versions of Windows 10, EMS, Office 365 and Azure, and utilizing Microsoft’s Services for assessments, monitoring and detection, and incident response.
• Drive broad US Public Sector pursuit strategies including territory plans working closely with the vertical Account and Specialists Teams.
• Orchestrate both Customer and Microsoft key resources in a virtual team environment to define solution vision and achieve desired business outcomes.
• Manage overall Security opportunity deal governance framework for Government Cloud, working with the PG, M&O, NSO and field STU and CSU teams.
• Define and lead field and partner readiness, with NSO and BG, incorporating Government Cloud nuances and customer requirements.
• Help qualify prospects into opportunities by using consultative approaches to demonstrate how customers can enable digital transformation through cloud solutions, leveraging Microsoft Security offerings.
• Determine appropriate solutions that mesh Microsoft supporting team members with partners. Develop and present proposals to customers in conjunction with account and other specialist teams, monitoring the procurement process, facilitating discussions/negotiations between partners and/or Services and making recommendations on additional products or offerings to move deals to close. Ensure a positive Customer and Partner Experience (CPE) that can be leveraged in future sales engagements.
• Develop relationships with customer, CxO level Business and Technical Decision Makers, with a primary focus on CISOs. Drive security solution sales scenarios through understanding the customer’s long and short-term strategy, the industry, and the competition.
• Responsible for security deals orchestration, deal structure, developing value based propositions, crafting and selling solutions mapped to customer business outcomes.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
• 10+ years’ recognized and rewarded experience selling enterprise security business solutions to large/global enterprise customers and US or state government customers
• Proven record of effective account management: planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder and executive communication, needs analysis, value engineering, services/partner engagement, opportunity management, pipeline management, large dollar licensing and deal negotiation.
• Demonstrated experience and expertise selling to senior business leaders, specifically CISO, by aligning & reinforcing the value of cybersecurity solution to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria.
• Solid understanding of Microsoft Cloud Platform products and/or complementing solutions. The position requires the ability to articulate and present the business value of Microsoft's solutions and have a firm understanding of Microsoft's strategies and security products relative to major Microsoft competitors.
• Strong knowledge of enterprise software security solutions and platform competitor landscape. Including specific knowledge in key security domains across the entire customer environment, like Identity, Access Management, Threat Protection, Information Protection.
• Strong understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs.
• Ability to orchestrate and influence virtual teams to pursue sales opportunities and lead v-teams through influence, and integration skills, working with the Account Teams as well as Marketing teams to drive demand generation.
• Candidates must have field-based knowledge of competing and winning against solutions and technologies from competitors.
• The candidate must be confident and capable of delivering readiness to sales audiences and be able to represent the Cybersecurity solution sales business locally inside and outside of Microsoft, as well as be able to speak as a subject matter expert (SME) at industry or customer events.
• Bachelor’s Degree and MBA preferred, relevant industry security certifications desired (i.e. CISSP)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.