This is a leadership position in State Street Global Services seeking a leader with creativity desire to lead data architecture provide design leadership for data-as-a-service products and lead agile delivery for large data management product / platform. The candidate is someone with proven technology leadership with ability to get hands on when it comes to analysis design and execution.
Education Requirements: Masters or B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field
Specific Qualifications / Skills Required:
• 10+ years' experience in IT developing data solutions and at least 3+ years leading data solutions
• Experience with designing & architecting SQL databases like Oracle MySQL PostgreSQL etc. w/ hands on backend systems development & data warehouse platform design experience
• Must have project delivery experience using Hadoop eco-system (Hive Pig Cloudera Impala etc.)
• Experience with designing & architecting NOSQL databases like Hbase Cassandra MongoDB etc.
• Experience with designing and execution on projects using Java Python Messaging frameworks awk and shell scripting & Linux
• Experience with ELT and ELT tools and processes with a good understanding of pros and cons of the designs
• SME in J2EE concepts micro service architecture Docker Data As a Service paradigm Star Schema Dimension modelling OLTP ACID and data structures
• Experience in financial industry working on financial reporting/regulatory projects is a plus. Domain knowledge of financial industry concepts Securities 101 Capital Markets 101 etc. is desirable.
• Experience in evaluating software estimating cost and delivery timelines and managing financials
• Experience leading Agile team & driving SDLC processes
• Work closely with the business & IT stake holders to manage delivery
• Ability to lead team member manage delivery and provide feedback
• Ability to make effective decisions and can manage change
•Communicates effectively in a professional manner both written and orally
• Team player with a positive attitude enthusiasm initiative and self-motivation.
• Ability to multi-task energetic fast learner & problem solver
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.