McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Solutions Architect - IAM
You will support 1 or more internal departments as the liaison between Identity and Access Management and our line-of-business customers. You will work to understand the customer’s needs and provide design support for a variety of new technology innovations and services. You will integrate internal and vendor-developed systems with broader enterprise services, while adhering to Capital One corporate standards and processes, to meet a customer’s end-to-end requirement. You will design, collect, and report on a variety of metrics to show senior leadership and our customers how our services are meeting the customer’s needs. You will identify and manage platform strategic direction in coordination with customer needs. You will coordinate with development teams to drive remediation of high impact operations issues identified by the customer.
- Represent the customer within Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Achieve strategic alignment between IAM and our customers
- Drive delivery of technology roadmap items across multiple teams, communicate roadmap status, and present on upcoming priorities
- Understand the customer’s overall priorities and ensure teams have the information required to deliver on them.
- Drive the resolution of high impact operational issues our customers identify.
- Elicit, document, and elaborate on key non-functional requirements including availability, performance, recovery, and security.
- Identify opportunities to reuse enterprise and shared technology services
- Maintain strong and effective working relationships with IAM platform tech leads, shared technology partners, and line-of-business customers
- Scorecard the program to measure effectiveness at meeting customer needs
- Strong communications and organizational skills to ensure alignment between Product Owners and Lines of Business Leads
- Demonstrate extraordinary communication and partnership skills to share data and results to various individuals and teams at all levels across the organization
- Develop a solid understanding of Identity & Access Management processes already in place
- Potential to be a People Manager of Associates and/or Contractors
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in IT project engineering
- At least 5 years of experience in IT solutions architecture
- At least 2 years of experience in business systems analysis
- At least 2 years of experience working directly with technology customers
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, and Engineering or military experience
- 3+ years of experience in Identity and Access Management
- 1+ years of experience with banking and financial services industry
- 1+ years of experience in an Agile environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to translate user feedback and requirements into intuitive and meaningful requirements
- Ability to translate “tech talk” into “user friendly” terms
- Ability to think outside the box to solve challenging problems / recommend solutions
- Ability to influence stakeholders at all levels within an organization
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.