Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects.Key Responsibilities
- Negotiate with customers to design solutions to address complex cross functional needs. Identifies BKM's for integrated solution design and standards; Keeps abreast of technologies in the market and preform technology evaluations, as required. Works with multiple vendors for high quality resources and competitiveness
- Perform and document software application configuration and/or coding, prepare and execute testing (unit, integration, performance, acceptance) and data conversions using standard tools and following established processes and guidelines. Supervises work of contract developers. Perform Quality assurance.
- Monitors specific IT systems or set of systems for availability and performance and reports anomalies through predefined process. Participate in evaluation/recommendation of patches, point releases, major upgrades, and new systems.
- Provides and/or oversees support services to GIS customers for specific IT service or set of services. Adheres to service management processes and procedures to meet customer service level agreements and maintain customer satisfaction. Completes root cause analysis of outages or incident trends (often working with managed services partner). Recommends preventative actions
- Plan and manage projects to ensure effective and efficient execution in line with established processes and guidelines and guardrails of scope, timeline, budget and quality
- Mentors and trains team members in product functionality, development and testing guidelines, tools, and methodologies
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7 - 10 Years of Experience
- Strong test management/quality management, project management skills
- Experience with SAP and HPCQ tools
- SAP project management experience strongly preferred
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.