Solutions Architect Sr Advisor - Chicago EUC, VDI, & Server Solutions
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posted: October 27, 2017
Reference ID: R14524
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Dell EMC is a worldwide provider of end to end technology solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for a Solution Architect (SA) to join our team in Chicago, Ill specializing in End User Client (EUC), Virtual Desktop, x86 Servers, Networking, Cloud, and Solutions relating to this technology.
The Dell Customer Solution Centers (CSC) Solution Architect (SA) will primarily be responsible for acting as a Subject Matter Expert for Dell's EUC, VDI, & PowerEdge Server line for the Chicago Area. The regional sales force will leverage the SAs expertise to inform customers of Dell's capabilities in the EUC, VDI, & Server domains along with helping customers build a solution tailored to their environment. This will be done through customer engagements by performing technical briefings, leading architectural design sessions, and proofs of concept. This is a technical role which requires experience in architecture, engineering, and the validation of IT systems.
The SA role is customer facing and requires the ability to engage with the customer via Technical Briefings, Architectural Design Sessions, and Proofs-of-Concept. This role requires strong technical and verbal communication skills. This role is based in Chicago but may require occasional travel within Dell, Customer Campus / Remote sites.
This position will also support site operations. As site a SA you will be responsible for supporting your assigned tasks which can include day to day site operations, reporting, resolving issues, setting priorities, providing leadership, interfacing with the Chicago sales team, managing inventory, purchasing new products, site facilities, training, managing the showcase environment and budgeting.
- Perform the role of Subject Matter Expert in the EUC, VDI, & Server domains for the Chicago region
- Delivers Technical Briefings, Architectural Design Sessions and Proofs-of-Concept to Dell's customers
- Work with Account teams and alliance partners to support specific Dell customer and partner engagements
- Leads overall technical implementation for large and complex engagements
- Provides expertise on the availability and viability of third party components and services
- Provide input to Dell's Solution implementation strategy
- Helps establish, manage and documents Dell Solution IP collection across solutions
- Implements the information technology architecture and the total systems solutions to the enterprise-wide systems problems of the customer
- Experience in Solutions architecture for EUC, VDI, & x86 Servers and Solutions relating to this technology
- General IT expertise and knowledge of solutions development, components and architectures
- Broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways
- Understanding of Virtualization Technologies, server, hyper-converged, & Flex computing models
- Experience within large environments especially within core Dell technology offerings
- Ability to perform a wide variety of technical and administrative duties in overall systems design, development, and delivery
- Strong analysis and communication skills and the ability to develop solutions to customer's business problems using Dell technologies
- Advanced presentation skills
- Expert knowledge of Dell offerings
- English Fluency
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external contacts (Account Management, Deployment Team, Solutions Architect, Employees, and Venders)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Experience with Dell EUC, VDI, & PowerEdge Servers or competitive products(Client Command Suite, SCCM, KACE, Unidesk, etc...)
- Experience managing and deploying EUC, VDI, & server environments ideally utilizing Dell management tools (iDRAC, CMC, Open Manage, Wyse, Nutanix, etc.)
- Experience with networking
- Experience with Cloud technologies
- Experience with a wide range of Enterprise Operating Systems with an emphasis on Windows and VMWare
- Expertise in other core Dell technologies; Enterprise, Client, Storage, Network systems, Software and Peripherals
Job Family: Professional Services
Job ID: R14524