Additional Location(s) or Information:
Job Category: Engineer - Software
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1018241
What You'll Do
• E2E Systems Integration and solution tests for next-gen Service Provider project opportunity with NGENA
• Contributes to the definition of solution integrations metrics, for solution reliability, Perf/Scale and stability
• Works in the context of strong high performance and agile solution team
• Demonstrates strong acumen in agile engineering, systems integration, solutions test for complex projects
• Contributes to automation and the development of automated solutions for feature, systems and solutions testing
Who You'll Work With
The Cloud Virtualization Group (CVG) develops software across SDN Controllers, NFV, Virtualization and Cloud native Orchestration portfolio at Cisco and is investing heavily to transform how we build and deliver cloud and data center automation portfolio through cutting-edge solutions.
Here you will design, implement and empower the next generation software stack for Cisco's SDN, Orchestration, Virtualization, NFV and data center automation software capabilities that will drive cloud native solutions and applications. You will work in a fast paced agile development team working with cutting edge software and tools to develop disruptive solutions with a focus on simplicity. Are you pushing the envelope?
Cisco seeks a Solutions and Systems Engineer to deliver on next-gen, business critical, and international project. The Solutions integration's Subject Matter Expert has proven track record in implementing scalable CI - CD system integration tests for complex projects with skills and experience in the following disciplines:
Who You Are
• 5 years of industry experience working with complex projects
• 5 years of experience in systems integration's engineering
• Knowledge and previous experience with Service Provider network technologies to include NFV, L3 VPN, Service Orchestration, OSS/BSS, Routing, and OpenStack
• Knowledge and previous experience with TPC/IP protocol, networking, Unix/Linux, Virtualisation Technologies
• Knowledge and previous experience with Software Defined Networking both creating and delivering new services, leveraging skills including OVSDB, OpenVSwitch, OpenFlow & OpenDaylight
• Knowledge and previous experience with Programming and Modeling technologies to include Java, C, Python, Ruby (Java minimum requirement), JSON/XML , NETCONF/YANG (knowledge of YANG models for NFV a plus)
• Knowledge and previous experience with DevOps tooling to include Puppet, Chef, Splunk or alike.
• Knowledge of DevOps framework, agile engineering, CI-CD tools and processes, E2E system scale tests and automation
• Understanding the principles of end-to-end system architecture
• Excellent problem solving, analytical skills, and technical troubleshooting skills
• Results oriented, and driven to succeed; "whatever it takes" attitude
• Comfortable operating in unstructured, ambiguous environment
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science, or telecommunications discipline - Master a plus
• CCEE and CCIE certification a plus
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: Cloud
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.