Capital Regional Medical Center is a fully-accredited healthcare facility with more than 1,100 employees and 500 physicians.
A 266-bed, acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER , Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER . We also offer a Bariatric Center , Behavioral Health Center , Cancer Center , Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center , Family Center , Heart & Vascular Center , Orthopedic Center , Physical Therapy Services , Senior First , Sleep Center , Stroke Center, Surgical Services , Wound Healing Center , Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices , and more.
2626 Capital Medical Blvd
Tallahassee, FL 32308
#TalentLivesHere POSITION SUMMARY:
The diagnostic sonographer is a skilled person qualified by academic and clinical training to provide patient services using diagnostic ultrasound under the supervision of a physician responsible for the use and interpretation of ultrasound procedures. The sonographer may be involved with the patients of the physicians in any medical setting of which the physician is responsible. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Check the physician's requisition for complete information on the procedure requested; refer any questions to the Radiologist before performing the procedure.
- Reviews the patient's chart to obtain pertinent clinical history, correlative test results, and laboratory data and documents this information for the Radiologist.
- Position the patient for examination, explain the procedure, and give necessary instructions for carrying out the procedure.
- Operate ultrasound equipment to its full capability with knowledge of an A-mode, M-mode, B-mode, Doppler, and real time techniques, selecting the proper transducer frequency and diameter for performance of the examination.
- Capable of recognizing a diagnostic quality scan as well as artifacts from anatomic/pathologic structures which are visualized on the ultrasound system.
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks to include; pulling jackets, inputting/editing exams, ensuring that the previous report is printed and in the radiology chart, and completion of requisition (taken status) prior to setting films to be read.
- Practices sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination. Maintains orderliness and cleanliness, including provision for the contamination free condition of rooms, equipment and personnel.
- Adheres to prescribed standards of Radiation Safety; participates in the Quality Improvement and safety programs.
- Ensures appropriate recording of hours worked, adhering to hospital policy.
- Demonstrates Customer Service principles and behaviors appropriately.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Attends inservice presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
- May have access to the POS room or designated areas to transport, assemble, and stock (inventory) of non scheduled drugs and biologicals to include but not limited to fluids, sterile water, normal saline, and irrigations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree or equivalent in Ultrasound required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- RDMS preferred
- BLS - AHA Healthcare Provider required
- RVT or equivalent preferred, required 6 months after starting position for both new hires and transfers
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- One year experience or training in diagnostic ultrasound in at least two specialty areas, examples; abdomen and OB/GYN - Preferred
- Experience with available Ultrasound equipment in terms of product evolution, trouble shooting and quality control Preferred
- Must be mature and responsible, able to use initiative and independent judgment when necessary, and capable of working without supervision within guidelines established by the director of the division
- Self-motivation with regard to increasing one's level of understanding and knowledge of the field is important, as is a background that will qualify one to teach diagnostic ultrasound
- Knowledge of ultrasound techniques should be thorough
- The general Sonographer should have current knowledge of neurology, abdominal, obstetric, and gynecologic applications
- One year of hands-on experience in at least two specialty areas, after completion of the program, will be preferred
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom